PDA

View Full Version : San Diego: The best food, sights, and sounds

Bruzee
07-20-2014, 07:30 PM
After rellocating, I've been in sunny SD for about 2 months now. I've found plenty of B&M's and seen some of the most popular tourist spots in the county. But, I'm looking for the good stuff you won't find on trip advisor or Yelp. The hole in the wall, mom-n-pop eaterys and places to visit. In order to truly become a local, I need to know all the special places for food and entertainment. Lots of BOTL's live or visit here reglularly, so spill the beans...

pnoon
07-20-2014, 07:32 PM
After rellocating, I've been in sunny SD for about 2 months now. I've found plenty of B&M's and seen some of the most popular tourist spots in the county. But, I'm looking for the good stuff you won't find on trip advisor or Yelp. The hole in the wall, mom-n-pop eaterys and places to visit. In order to truly become a local, I need to know all the special places for food and entertainment. Lots of BOTL's live or visit here reglularly, so spill the beans...

Ask me Thursday. :)

Bruzee
07-20-2014, 07:34 PM

:td Ur killing me Peter..... ;)

AdamJoshua
07-20-2014, 07:38 PM
He's just building the suspense....because there aren't any. :r

pnoon
07-20-2014, 08:04 PM

:td Ur killing me Peter..... ;)

No pain intended.
Just figured it would be easier to discuss in person.

T.G
07-20-2014, 09:08 PM
I've always just had Peter (pnoon) show me around. Haven't been disappointed yet.

ArgusP2
07-21-2014, 08:43 AM
I've always just had Peter (pnoon) show me around. Haven't been disappointed yet.

Yeah, what he said. Peter knows.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bruzee
07-21-2014, 08:29 PM
We found out today that SeaWorld during the summer is not the business.... Tooooooo many people.

Bruzee
07-21-2014, 08:30 PM
But Phil's BBQ is off the hook!

AdamJoshua
07-21-2014, 08:53 PM
But Phil's BBQ is off the hook!

It's ok, better than ok for around here, but there are days where waiting in line for 2 hours for bbq just isn't happening, hopefully you went at an off time.

Sea World does have fireworks at night so that's something, I usually watch them from my balcony.

How old are the kids, old enough for Disney Land yet?

Bruzee
07-21-2014, 09:09 PM
It's ok, better than ok for around here, but there are days where waiting in line for 2 hours for bbq just isn't happening, hopefully you went at an off time.

Sea World does have fireworks at night so that's something, I usually watch them from my balcony.

How old are the kids, old enough for Disney Land yet?

I won't wait 2 hours for any food.... Apparently we went during a slow time. I love the baby back ribs.

Yeah they do have fireworks. Too late for my kids, all 9 or younger....

T.G
07-21-2014, 09:51 PM
We found out today that SeaWorld during the summer is not the business.... Tooooooo many people.

See what happens when you get impatient?

Should have waited to talk to Peter. :sl:sl:sl

Adriftpanda
07-21-2014, 10:31 PM
Lucha Libre - surf n turf burrito.
Cody's (la Jolla) - lobster roll. MUST TRY

Bruzee
07-22-2014, 08:24 AM
See what happens when you get impatient?

Should have waited to talk to Peter. :sl:sl:sl

Wouldn't have mattered what Peter said about SeaWorld, my wife said jump!

pnoon
07-22-2014, 09:49 AM
Wouldn't have mattered what Peter said about SeaWorld, my wife said jump!

Happy wife. Happy life.

Bruzee
07-22-2014, 10:08 AM
Happy wife. Happy life.

If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

SD Beerman
07-22-2014, 10:13 AM
Dustin, did you get the passes for Sea World? I use to bring the kids for a few hours at a time. We would do things and then I would let them play in the water play area for a couple of hours.

Bruzee
07-22-2014, 07:43 PM
Dustin, did you get the passes for Sea World? I use to bring the kids for a few hours at a time. We would do things and then I would let them play in the water play area for a couple of hours.

Not yet Larry. I have to be honest, I was turned off by how busy it was. 2 hour wait for the rapids and my little guys couldn't even get to the edge of the animal displays to see the sharks and such. Maybe it won't be so bad come September or October. We will try again then.

Bruzee
07-22-2014, 07:47 PM
We love everything about Coronado. From riding bikes on the Strand to the small mostly quiet beaches near the Navy training center. Looking for more beach spots like that, for bike riding and such.