PDA

View Full Version : CI Price Inconsistency Weirdness

Tenor CS
12-21-2008, 08:55 AM
I'm sure I'm not the only one who has noticed this.

Example: Page 11 of my catalog (Has the La Auroroa Superiores on the front cover)

Montecristo Media Noche, Edmundo (Robusto) Size, 5 pack listed at $42.

Right next to it is an offer for a combo, consisting of a 5 count herf-a-dor, Xikar Fuego lighter, and 5 Montecristo Media Noche Edmundos for $39.99.

So, the combo with 2 useful things is cheaper than the cigars by themselves.

Also, the Montecristo Media Noche No. 2 torpedo is listed at $62 for a 5 pack.

Turn to page 43, the same Media Noche No. 2 5 pack is only $25.

So, you can save $37 on an identical item just by using a different item number.

Then, when you throw in CI + free shipping vs. C-bid with paid shipping, but discounted shipping if you ship weekly, it becomes a (sometimes not so) fun game trying to figure out how to get the best deal on stuff you want.

I didn't think I'd have to do so much research to get the best prices. No wonder this hobby is so obsessive!

bigloo
12-21-2008, 11:15 AM
Their website is the same way. As always, buyer beware. For example, everything listed in 5 pack madness can be had at full price on the site as well, I could go on and on about their pricing. Again, buyer beware.

ripper
12-21-2008, 12:05 PM
That is another reason to find a better supplier than CI - a mondo Euro conglomerate. Do they really need our $?
I like doing business with Famous Smoke Shop because it is a family business since 1939 and they are cigar guys. I have been a Famous customer since 1970.
Just bought my first Taboos from Rob at Taboo. Good product, good service.