PDA

View Full Version : Dipping my toe in the pipe arena

TripleF
12-21-2008, 08:54 AM
Last year I was gifted a corn cob pipe by RevSmoke. Much respect to the Rev!! Here! Here!

Now, I'm looking on eBay for a "lot" of pipes, you know, a few inexpensive ones just so I can enjoy another bowl after I finish one in my corn cob.

Anyone have a couple briars or something similar they want to release inexspensivley......uh, errrrrr, on the cheap?

Just looking to enjoy another bowl. You know.

Any help or direction would be appreciated.

:D

Mister Moo
12-21-2008, 11:36 AM
Last year I was gifted a corn cob pipe by RevSmoke. Much respect to the Rev!! Here! Here!

Now, I'm looking on eBay for a "lot" of pipes, you know, a few inexpensive ones just so I can enjoy another bowl after I finish one in my corn cob.

Anyone have a couple briars or something similar they want to release inexspensivley......uh, errrrrr, on the cheap?

Just looking to enjoy another bowl. You know.

Any help or direction would be appreciated.

:DWhy not get a few more cobs? The Great Dane (MM) is a fine smoker with a big bowl and, compared to many cheap briars, might be a better performer.

MiloFinch
12-21-2008, 12:41 PM
I could be mistaken, but it was always my understanding that because of the properties of corn cob vs. those of briar, you don't need to rest a cob pipe. You can just smoke it all day long and keep re-filling it.

BigFrank
12-21-2008, 03:24 PM
I would second Moo's recommendation. I still have a few of my first cobs. Granted I have only been smoking pipes for a small amount of time, but I find that they can take a beating. Also, with the inexpensive cost of cobs they make it great for a new smoker to buy a few and wear em out.

TripleF
12-22-2008, 08:40 AM
Thanks for the info guys!!!

-