PDA

View Full Version : La Plata Cigar shirt

Xolotal Mungin
07-07-2014, 01:21 PM
Didn't know where to post this: it's not really cigar discussion, or an accessory, but really just a piece of cigar nostalgia. Anyway, here's a picture of a much-used shirt that the (closed) La Plata Cigar folks in L.A. gave me.

http://s26.postimg.org/444mm2as9/La_Plata_shirt.jpg

Malakai
07-07-2014, 11:41 PM
They claim to operate as 2nd street cigar lounge currently and they still produce the La Plata Cigars...see below as found on their Facebook page.

About
The La Plata Cigar Company, originally located in downtown Los Angeles and founded in 1947, was at that time a combination of cigar factory, wholesale, and retail cigar store.
Company Overview
The La Plata Cigar Company is now 2nd Street Cigar Lounge & Gallery, still located in Downtown Los Angeles, located at 124 W. 2nd Street.

La Plata cigars are available exclusively through 2nd Street Cigar Lounge & Gallery. La Plata cigars are available both retail and wholesale.
Description
All La Plata cigars are made with long leaf tobaccos grown in Ecuador, Honduras, and the Dominican Republic. La Plata smokes nice and slow and provides a very rich taste with plenty of spices and a sweet, nutty character. A long finish and a good draw, La Plata cigars pair nicely with your favorite single malt scotch.

Xolotal Mungin
07-08-2014, 08:37 AM
Yeah, someone mentioned that. Haven't seen the new incarnation. The original was a DT institution, before DTLA was hipster central.

Malakai
07-08-2014, 07:44 PM
I end up down in that area every now and again, if I get the chance I'll stop in and let you know how it was.