PDA

View Full Version : Oliva Cigars

badbriar
06-09-2014, 03:40 PM
OK - which is the preferred cigar... :confused:
Oliva V or Oliva Master Blend 3?
Trying to decide - never tried the Master Blends, but love the V series.

RR

CRIMPS
06-09-2014, 03:48 PM
Pretty sure most, here, prefer the "V"

:r

icehog3
06-09-2014, 03:50 PM

Over the "C", maybe, but not over the Master Blends for this guy. ;)

Porch Dweller
06-09-2014, 03:55 PM
I love 'em both but give the edge to the 'V'. You can't go wrong with either one, though. Hell, you can't go wrong with just about any Oliva IMNSHO.

Sweet_Leaf_PDX
06-09-2014, 03:57 PM
I prefer the Master Blend 3 in Robusto, and I prefer the Serie V in the No. 4 and Lancero sizes.

If I had to pick one I would go with the Serie V, but you should try the Master Blends 3 too. No reason why they both can't coexist in your humidor. I enjoy both.

pnoon
06-09-2014, 05:12 PM
OK - which is the preferred cigar... :confused:
Oliva V or Oliva Master Blend 3?
Trying to decide - never tried the Master Blends, but love the V series.

RR
Preferred by whom?

Sorry Zach. I would disagree.
Like Tom, I prefer the MB3.
My :2 and worth as much.

T.G
06-09-2014, 06:19 PM
When they came out, I liked the MB1. I really liked the MB2 when it was released. I thought the MB3 was just ok, although in fairness, I'm probably comparing it to the other two, on it's own it might be different. I thought the V was meh.

Haven't smoked any of them in a long time, so take it all with a grain of salt.

kelmac07
06-09-2014, 06:23 PM
Agree with Adam...the MB1 was awesome, the MB2 exceptional and the MB3 was very nice as well.

Now the Series V Maduro. :dr :dr :dr

longknocker
06-09-2014, 06:23 PM
Never Liked The Regular "V", Either. Oliva V Melanio Is Good, Though, IMO.:tu

RevSmoke
06-11-2014, 03:45 PM
Well, here is someone who enjoys both blends. And, I enjoy them because they are different and go better with different situations. Both are great smokes and I like having both around.

the MacDonald
06-11-2014, 04:08 PM
http://gph.is/XMhPUl

Chimneyfish
06-24-2014, 08:47 PM
Original V bad. Melanio fantastic.

Also, i've been calling them Olivia until a mate of mine dug through my humidor, took out the double robusto, and said: Hmmmm, Oliva. That's interesting.
I said "it's Olivia!"
And he showed me the ring and what do you know it!? It was Oliva! :p

NCRadioMan
06-24-2014, 11:58 PM
MB 1's were epic, the 2's and 3's never did it for me. Melanio's are nice but I do love the V lancero. The whole line was based on that one cigar. Oliva made them for another company and they pulled out late in the project so Oliva called it the Serie V, put it on the market and it's been the best selling cigar Oliva has ever made.

I've always wondered who that company was that decided to not take them. :r

Brian D.
06-25-2014, 05:47 AM
Those hypothetical 'If you could only smoke one make and model of cigar the rest of your life...' questions are silly to me and I cannot ever reply.

However if the question allowed me just one brand of cigars I could answer, and it would likely be Oliva. From the seldom encountered (by me) MB's through the V and Melanio, through the O and G series, all the way down the ladder to their bundles, Flor de Oliva, that would give me enough variety to never get bored.

2GuysSmokeShop
06-25-2014, 07:13 AM
The V is the choice here, for sure.

BUC WHITE
06-25-2014, 07:49 AM
The MB3 over here. Both are great smokes but I prefer the 3.

kansashat
06-26-2014, 10:42 AM
Original V bad. Melanio fantastic.

Also, i've been calling them Olivia until a mate of mine dug through my humidor, took out the double robusto, and said: Hmmmm, Oliva. That's interesting.
I said "it's Olivia!"
And he showed me the ring and what do you know it!? It was Oliva! :p

At least you don't call them Owleever like Skeeter.

I've only smoked a cpl MB3, but am a big fan of the V.

czerbe
06-26-2014, 01:19 PM
I can't think of another cigar company out there where I have smoked nearly all of their products and really enjoyed each one. For me and my money you can't beat the Serie V hands down one of the best sticks on the market. I really enjoy the MB3 but the V takes it all the way for me. Its a little to strong for a mid day smoke for me so its 99% of the time an after dinner smoke with a nice Scotch. Love the Company, sales team, and their products.

shilala
06-26-2014, 01:35 PM
The V's are excellent. So are the V maduros.
That said, I don't think I've ever seen anyone turn their nose up at a Master Blend.
Oliva is solid all the way around. Great people and a fabulous cigar company that makes excellent cigars at a fair price.
I love em. :tu

brigey57
07-10-2014, 08:38 PM
I totally agree. There are so many varieties and I enjoy them all so very much. That's in my opinion what a master blender does with their tobaccos. :tu

I can't think of another cigar company out there where I have smoked nearly all of their products and really enjoyed each one. For me and my money you can't beat the Serie V hands down one of the best sticks on the market. I really enjoy the MB3 but the V takes it all the way for me. Its a little to strong for a mid day smoke for me so its 99% of the time an after dinner smoke with a nice Scotch. Love the Company, sales team, and their products.

ColdCuts
07-14-2014, 05:51 PM
If anyone wants to try 'em all, CI is running a special right now: buy any box of Oliva, get a Oliva 10-cigar taster pack. If you've got the current catalog, pages 48, 49. :banger

Scoo52
07-14-2014, 06:51 PM
I purchased a ten pack of the MBIII and didn't care too much for them compared to the V and especially the O Serie.

Chimneyfish
07-16-2014, 07:20 PM
i hate the Vs!! absolute rubbish... :c but i've many a mate who've loved them. i can't lie, though. the Vs are good for the first inch but get extremely putrid after that.

Now the melanio... :wnr those are the money melon!!

Aside: i kept calling them "Olivia" until i had a mate dig through my humidor and read: "Oliiiiiva". and at that point, i remember i failed my homework on the letter "I" in grade school.

equetefue
07-17-2014, 09:50 AM
The V Belicoso for me. One of my favs

ColdCuts
07-17-2014, 10:23 AM
The Serie G Special G is my 'walk home from work' smoke. Enjoyable, inexpensive, perfect size for my needs - lasts exactly door to door, and not so precious that I feel bad about walking with it.

07-17-2014, 12:29 PM
I enjoy the V series, especially the lancero and the maduro but the MB3 in torpedo is the best Oliva IMO.

the jiggler
07-17-2014, 02:50 PM
Now the Series V Maduro. :dr :dr :dr

#dropsthemic