PDA

View Full Version : Petite Tatuaje and DPG Demitasse: Opinions Please

bilkay
12-20-2008, 10:42 AM
I need some short smokes. I like the 5 Vegas Miami PC and the DPG Black Perla but I haven't tried the Petite Tat or the DPG Blue Demitasse. I like the Tat Browns and the DPG Blues that I have tried.

So please tell me what you think to help me make up my mind about box purchases.

Thanks,

Bill

Mugen910
12-20-2008, 10:47 AM
I say spend the few $ and pick up some singles...if you like them go for the box..I enjoyed both of them but to each his own.

Vitis
12-20-2008, 10:49 AM
I like both the Tat and Cabaiguan Petites. Not much complexity but an OK twenty minute smoke. Buy one of each and give em a shot. They're cheap enough that you cant lose by trying em.

~Vitis

Ratters
12-20-2008, 10:50 AM
Tht Tat petits are a great smoke IMHO. You might also want to look into the Camacho Corojo Machitos. They come in tins of 8 and are a great little smoke.

rizzle
12-20-2008, 10:58 AM
Smoked my first petite Tat last night and I enjoyed it more so than the Cabaiguan petite. I think I'll keep some of them around. However, I still think it is hard to beat the Padron Corticos. To me, they taste just like their bigger brothers and are a lot better value than the Tats or Cabs.

Vitis
12-20-2008, 11:03 AM
..However, I still think it is hard to beat the Padron Corticos. To me, they taste just like their bigger brothers and are a lot better value than the Tats or Cabs.

Hmm, never had one of these but you have me intrigued, and I need more smalls for this weather. The price looks right. Ill grab few today. Thanks for the tip

markem
12-20-2008, 11:06 AM
I have only 3 boxes of NCs in my collection: Tat blacks (untried, aging), Tat Noellas, and Tat petites. The Tat petites, IMO, hold their own against the closest CC, which is the Triny Reyes. I'd recommend buying a cab as you won't regret it.

doctorcue
12-20-2008, 01:13 PM
I'm biased (check the avatar :)) but I love the Tatuaje petites. Yes, great flavor for a little 20 minute smoke. Of the cabinet line; the Petite has more kick/spice than some of the other vitolas. I bought a box a while back and really enjoyed it. Probably have to get another one soon.

Go for it! :tu

dmoby
12-20-2008, 01:17 PM
illusione 68

floydpink
12-20-2008, 07:23 PM
I love the Petit Tat.

GWags
12-20-2008, 07:36 PM
I love the Petit Tat.

Gotta agree!! Been smoking alot of these lately with the wonderful temps here in KC. :ss

physiognomy
12-20-2008, 08:58 PM
For my tastes, the Tat petites are very representative of the brown label line. I generally grab a few when I visit my local b&m since I can pick them up around $3. I have had a couple more draw problems with these compared to the Cabaiguan patites, but I think that is more of a humidity issue than construction.

Vitis
12-20-2008, 09:13 PM
I have had a couple more draw problems with these compared to the Cabaiguan patites, but I think that is more of a humidity issue than construction.

I seem to have that problem with all of the tats. When I buy em, If I dont let em sit in my 65% cooler for a while they dont burn right. Seems like they're shipped from Miami very wet.

~Vitis