PDA

View Full Version : liga privada

TXSmokey
06-03-2014, 08:30 PM
I read somewhere that all liga privada cigars are the same, just different sizes. any truth to this?

TXSmokey
06-03-2014, 08:30 PM
also, anyone know where I can get some feral flying pigs?

the jiggler
06-03-2014, 09:56 PM
I read somewhere that all liga privada cigars are the same, just different sizes. any truth to this?

No. The No 9, T52, undercrown, and nica Rustica are different blends although some share some ingredients. Same for the unicos... Papas fritas are short fillers made from the clippings from no9's and t52's I think...

also, anyone know where I can get some feral flying pigs?

Good luck. They are released sporadically to different retailers at different times. My understanding is that the retailers don't even know they are coming until they show up in the shipment. Best advice I can give is to build a relationship with a good B&M. In my experience if you patronize frequently, the good ones will look out for you.

Either that or venture out into the wild west of the Web and be prepared to pay $20-$30 a stick if you can find a seller who's not a scumbag.

Sweet_Leaf_PDX
06-04-2014, 12:19 AM
If you want the special versions of the Liga stuff Craig is 100% about building a relationship with a retailer. The local B&M here (the only one I know of that gets the special drew estate stuff) will put your name on a list and contact you when some get in if you ask. You also need to get in there ASAP because they go fast.

Porch Dweller
06-04-2014, 06:16 AM
No. The No 9, T52, undercrown, and nica Rustica are different blends although some share some ingredients. Same for the unicos... Papas fritas are short fillers made from the clippings from no9's and t52's I think...

I don't believe Nica Rustica is part of the Liga Privada line. Just the #9, the T52, and the Unico series - L40, Dirty Rat, Papas Fritas, and Flying Pig.

the jiggler
06-04-2014, 09:04 AM
I don't believe Nica Rustica is part of the Liga Privada line. Just the #9, the T52, and the Unico series - L40, Dirty Rat, Papas Fritas, and Flying Pig.

Right on James. Rustica is Drew Estate but not Liga. I lump the Uzi in there as well but forget that it's a SubculturesStudio/JDN joint.

TXSmokey
06-04-2014, 01:55 PM
unfortunately the closest B&M is probably in Houston, a 4 hour drive.

Porch Dweller
06-04-2014, 03:07 PM

Once a certain amount of time has gone buy you'll have access to the buy/sell/trade section of the forum. When that happens you can post that you'd like to buy or trade for some.

RandJCigars
06-29-2014, 10:02 PM
I am in Houston and I have 2 retail lounges. I get Liga every 2-4 weeks. I know exactly what is coming to me every time because I am considered a pretty good account. I still cannot choose what I get...but they do call me and tell me "x,y,z is coming"

Feral Flying Pigs are the ones everyone always wants because they are the least available generally speaking. I get 1 or 2 boxes at a time, so 2 - 4 boxes a month. Believe it or not, as much Liga that I get, I still have yet to be allocated any L40's...weird.

Ligas are "distributed" to the regional reps once a month. For instance, lets say the 1st of every month. My particular rep has 60 Liga accounts across 4 states (Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and New Mexico). He averages 35-40 boxes on his distributions. Imagine that...he has 60 Liga accounts...yet only 35-40 boxes are allocated to his region a month. Slim pickings. My Liga orders average 8-10 boxes....so technically I get 20% - 30% of his allocation a month. I sell alot of Drew Estate to say the least...

Shoot me a text at 832-315-5030 and let me know your from CA forum...I am receiving a Liga order on Wednesday and I can probably sell you a sampler of Pigs, Rats, and 13's if you want.

Thanks,

Jimmy

czerbe
06-30-2014, 12:27 PM
There ya go!

Weelok
06-30-2014, 08:50 PM
There are a bunch at Atlantic Cigars