PDA

View Full Version : Esoterica

RHNewfie
06-03-2014, 01:49 PM
Just getting back into my pipes and going through my stock has made me look up some old favorites again. Seems that Stonehaven and Penzance are still as scarce as ever!! Do these ever come in stock?

DMK
06-03-2014, 04:29 PM
Every so often.... Good luck !

TXSmokey
06-03-2014, 06:06 PM
its nice to know i'm not the only one looking for penzance

jsnake
06-03-2014, 07:34 PM
I gave up looking for them long ago. Now I read this and feel the need to look again. Though I have never tried either I want to experience the hype and see if they are as wonderful as everyone says.

Take part of that back. I have a 3 year old tin of Penzance sitting here I forgot about. Very dusty and hidden by other tins. So I am going to try it this week. Hope I don't fall in love if I can't find more.

Subvet642
07-31-2015, 09:39 PM
I just got an email that Smokingpipes.com has Penzance in stock!

WhiteMamba
08-01-2015, 12:35 PM
I got it yesterday and it was gone by the time I got around to checking.

The.Sheepdog
08-01-2015, 01:08 PM
yea everything out of stock already.

mahtofire14
02-24-2016, 02:38 AM
So is this just because it takes awhile to create this blend or they just want to keep it hard to get? I would love to get more but I'm starting to think it is going to be a wild goose chase. Is there any rhyme or reason when they start distributing it again?

Subvet642
02-24-2016, 02:44 PM
So is this just because it takes awhile to create this blend or they just want to keep it hard to get? I would love to get more but I'm starting to think it is going to be a wild goose chase. Is there any rhyme or reason when they start distributing it again?

My understanding is that it is made by Germain in a little tiny factory on Jersey Island in the English Channel with only 6 employees and ancient machinery. Some of the components are sometimes hard to source and everybody loves it. You might try some B&M's that are NOT on line as most sales occur via internet.

mahtofire14
02-24-2016, 03:13 PM
My understanding is that it is made by Germain in a little tiny factory on Jersey Island in the English Channel with only 6 employees and ancient machinery. Some of the components are sometimes hard to source and everybody loves it. You might try some B&M's that are NOT on line as most sales occur via internet.

Thanks Subvet. I found some info on their production and it sounds like you are right. Demand is much higher than what can be produced. This isn't a bad thing though. I would assume that if it ever got mass produced the quality would suffer. Same with many of the small batch cigars we've all seen get mass produced.