PDA

View Full Version : London Cigar Shops

Jdbwolverines
12-20-2008, 08:06 AM
I'm going to be over in London visiting my sister for most of Christmas break and was wondering what cigar shops I should check out while over here. Also any info on any special blends, etc. that I should look out for that you an only get in England would be much appreciated. I'll be staying west of London in the Kensington area if that helps any. Thanks.

hotreds
12-20-2008, 08:39 AM
Hopefully someone will give you an answer on this. But, just to let you know- the stores are crazy expensive! A sampler I've seen online for as little as $80 and most often at about $100, was priced at $235. So, quite honestly, buying stogies in London might not be worth it, frankly.

stearns
12-20-2008, 09:20 AM
j fox, davidoff, casa del habano to name a few. those are the ones i went to when i visited, but be prepared to spend crazy money. get yourself some english market select sticks

stearns

tireiron
12-20-2008, 09:29 AM
Davidoff, Dunhill, and JJ Fox are all located within a block of each other. They are in St. James Place. Take the tube to the Green Park stop, and you will be within two blocks of the stores.

Don Fernando
12-20-2008, 10:18 AM
Bring big bucks, cigars are very expensive in the UK, even at the airport.

BlackIrish
12-20-2008, 04:33 PM
Desmond Sautters on Mount Street in Mayfair is one of the best in London. J. Fox is excellent, too.

But, as others have noted, prices throughout London are very high.

BlackIrish
12-20-2008, 04:34 PM
BTW, if you're going to be in Kensington, the cigar cave at Harrods might be convenient. But you'd go there for selection, not price.

Sauer Grapes
12-23-2008, 09:32 AM
J. Fox has a box of '89 Davidoff #1's that they will sell single from. Actually, maybe it was Davidoff that has the box. I can't rememeber. Either way, they aren't more than 2 blocks from each other. (I think on Bond Street, but I could be way off). I used the Green Park Tube station and walked past the Ritz, then turn right after the Ritz and both stores were down a few blocks on the left.

Partagaspete
12-23-2008, 09:56 AM
I have been to two one of course is LCdH in Soho which is conveniently next to Mesa's that is a good tapa's place. I also went to one near the Embassy that was rather nice but I can't recall the name. I do need to go back down that way. HOLIDAY HERF ANYONE???

But as the others say due to taxes it is very expensive. i.e. the average robusto will set you back around $17 bucks each.

T

ucla695
12-23-2008, 10:12 AM
The stores mentioned above are the ones to go to and like everyone said, it’s very expensive. When I lived there in ’02, MC2s were going for GBP 14 ($21). I don’t even want to know how much they are now.