PDA

View Full Version : This question has been asked a lot..

Dolphinswin
06-01-2014, 06:17 PM
I am sure this question has been asked a lot, but I need a solid answer! I'm looking into getting my first humidor, I just want one that could hold about 30 to 50 normal size Cigars. I also want it to come with a sampler. Is there any I can buy that I don't have to figure out this "seasoning" process? I'm looking to spend $80 or under. Thanks!

AdamJoshua
06-01-2014, 06:23 PM
You can find combo buy from places like cigar bid or those other sites, as far as having to figure out the seasoning process it's pretty fool proof involving a shot glass of water or a new / clean sponge and some distilled water. As the song says, "the waiting is the hardest part", if you don't want to wait or don't care if it's a nice little desktop you can always use tupperware and have a tuppador, no seasoning to figure out.

I'm sure others will have more to add, best of luck!

pnoon
06-01-2014, 06:59 PM
I am sure this question has been asked a lot, but I need a solid answer! I'm looking into getting my first humidor, I just want one that could hold about 30 to 50 normal size Cigars. I also want it to come with a sampler. Is there any I can buy that I don't have to figure out this "seasoning" process? I'm looking to spend $80 or under. Thanks!

I don't know of any humidor that comes pre-seasoned.
If you are investing in a humidor, it's worth investing the time to season it properly.
:2

Dude Here
06-01-2014, 07:21 PM
I don't think I would trust a humidor that came pre-seasoned. At least I know that if I have to do it, it will be done right. A tupperdor or a small cooler are other options if you don't want to deal with a traditional Spanish cedar humidor.

Heavy_d
06-01-2014, 07:42 PM
I agree with everyone who suggested a tupperdor for a non-seasoning option. I used one forever before I upgraded to my current humi and it worked great. Pick one with a good sealing lid, throw a Boveda pack in, fill with cigars and enjoy.

MarkinAZ
06-01-2014, 07:51 PM
In addition to the great advice given above, you can go to the following and snag a couple of samplers at a decent price as well:

http://www.cigarbid.com/Category/Samplers/?BonusBuyOnly=False&IsCatPage=True&AuctionFilters=&CategoryFilters=Samplers&PageSize=10000&ViewType=&SpecialSearch=True&SpecialSearchDisplay=&keyword=&SortOrder=alpha

...:adam

badbriar
06-01-2014, 08:39 PM
Cuban crafters has a good deal on a solid 100 count humidor for 49.99! I use one for overflow - nice piece for not much scratch. Ditch the hygrometer and sponge humidifier and replace with digital and beads, or even Boveda packs.

Subvet642
06-02-2014, 07:27 AM
You can find combo buy from places like cigar bid or those other sites, as far as having to figure out the seasoning process it's pretty fool proof involving a shot glass of water or a new / clean sponge and some distilled water. As the song says, "the waiting is the hardest part", if you don't want to wait or don't care if it's a nice little desktop you can always use tupperware and have a tuppador, no seasoning to figure out.

I'm sure others will have more to add, best of luck!

:tpd: What he said. I have a regular type of humi, but since I discovered the fool-proof, high capacity storage of a cooler, that's my primary humi now.

TXSmokey
06-03-2014, 06:08 PM
hilandscigars has one with 25 free cigars

http://www.hilandscigars.com/free-goods/humidor-special-with-25-free-cigars.html

TXSmokey
06-03-2014, 06:15 PM
as far as seasoning a humi, you can get something called a boveda seasoning pack, you just open and put it in your humidor for a week or two. although the shot glass thing is cheaper

jsnake
06-03-2014, 07:54 PM
Whatever you do buy bigger. Trust me you will quickly wish you bought a bigger humidor.

baust55
06-05-2014, 01:19 PM
yes bigger humidor is better ....agreed

Austin

shilala
06-05-2014, 04:14 PM
Here's my way of thinking, take it for what it's worth...
If seasoning a humidor seems like a pain in the ass, and too much trouble, you ain't seen nothing yet. Wait till you try to control the humidity in your $80 humidor. It'll drive you nuts.
Just buy a tupperware container or use ziplock bags.
Done deal.
Or prepare to be really upset wih the humidor that you don't want to season, cause you will play hell trying to keep the humidity anywhere near decent. Guaranteed.
Good luck with whatever you decide, brother!!! :tu

Ya know what, here's a thought. Get a nice travel humi. You don't have to season anything, super easy to maintain, and it'l last you forever. :tu