PDA

View Full Version : Cigar Punch - Hazardous object

nutcracker
05-20-2014, 07:59 AM
I made the mistake of leaving my cigar punch on my keyring when going through security at a Canadian airport. Turns out this is verbotten. I managed to leave it in the safe care of a person in the terminal, but the whole thing is quite bizarre. Intimidating looking object to be sure.

They were OK with my mother-in-laws knitting needles 6 months ago.

It would be nice if folk would be consistent and/or logical in applying security measures.

http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag202/neil_berrington/punch_zps209c738e.jpg

:2

T.G
05-20-2014, 09:07 AM
You ought to see what happens when they find a Colibri Tranzpak w/ lighter in someone's luggage at MGA (Managua).

Everyone. Off. The. Plane. Now.

nutcracker
05-20-2014, 09:10 AM
You ought to see what happens when they find a Colibri Tranzpak w/ lighter in someone's luggage at MGA (Managua).

Everyone. Off. The. Plane. Now.

...combine with a few bundles of MUWAT and you could land up in the clink.

T.G
05-20-2014, 09:16 AM
...combine with a few bundles of MUWAT and you could land up in the clink.

Nah, they don't seem to care how many cigars you fly out with. Some guys routinely fly out with back packs and suitcases full. But don't try to take a box of matches in your carry-on. That's a detaining.

Dude Here
05-20-2014, 01:24 PM
Funny story about how one of the Mythbusters guys got two razor blades past the TSA.

http://www.cnet.com/news/mythbusters-savage-i-got-past-tsa-with-razor-blades/

Chimneyfish
05-20-2014, 07:58 PM
it's always so silly... the regulations on bullets.

even if it did resemble a bullet, what can you do with it? hammer it in a misc. direction? shove it down someone's throat to choke them with it?

perhaps they think one man will carry the trigger, one man the magazine, one man the grip, and 5-10 people a bullet?

T.G
05-20-2014, 08:36 PM
it's always so silly... the regulations on bullets.

even if it did resemble a bullet, what can you do with it? hammer it in a misc. direction? shove it down someone's throat to choke them with it?

perhaps they think one man will carry the trigger, one man the magazine, one man the grip, and 5-10 people a bullet?

That is completely irrelevant since it's at the discretion of the screener. Always has been. Furthermore, it wasn't a bullet, which probably isn't legal to fly with anywhere in a carry-on on public airlines.

AdamJoshua
05-20-2014, 08:47 PM
I had jury duty a few weeks ago and they wouldn't let me bring a butane lighter past the metal detector and into the big waiting room.... I had to stash it above a window outside the courthouse.