PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Cigarbid.com?

brylee
05-05-2014, 08:26 AM
Was wondering if anyone on here has experience with cigarbid.com? I bought a couple 5-packs which included Camacho's, Gurkha's, and My Cigar Weighs a Ton. Hope they arrive in good shape, and ready to smoke. :dr

I will write up a review later this week, once the shipment comes in.

dave
05-05-2014, 08:35 AM
Nope

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/search.php?searchid=7469590

WhiteMamba
05-05-2014, 08:35 AM
Here it's known as the devil site

dave
05-05-2014, 08:38 AM
Jus pokin....lot's of folks here spent lot's of time and $$ over there. I'm one of those that wishes I'd spent a little less time looking for the perfect $2 cigar there and more time looking for the perfect $6 cigar elsewhere. No regrets, really....but I look back and have a hard time wondering how I smoked some of the stuff I got from them

T.G
05-05-2014, 08:44 AM
Never heard of them. :sh

brylee
05-05-2014, 09:35 AM
i wish i would have researched this site, like you did Dave, before asking the question.
A lot of good information here. If nothing else, and they fall apart after I light them, I will know not to give them anymore of my $$$

meatcake
05-05-2014, 09:47 AM
Main thing is NOT smoking them right after you get them. Cbid stuff in general needs a good month to acclimate before its smoked.
Speaking from Personal Experience.

shilala
05-05-2014, 09:59 AM
meatcake has a great point. Everything from cigars.com arrives soaking wet.
He suggest a month, I'd suggest 6 or 8 months.
The gurkhas, it doesn't matter. No amount of time is going to make them good.

Dude Here
05-05-2014, 10:47 AM
All too well...all too well.

Like others here have said, it's best not to smoke your orders right off the truck. The cigars don't ship with any type of humidification so they're generally kept at much higher humidity levels to offset that. I've never had an order arrive in bad condition though and it generally takes a week from the day the auction closes to your sticks arriving at your front door.

icehog3
05-05-2014, 10:48 AM
I've always gotten what I paid for, and in decent shape. But they do come in real wet, definitely wanna sit on them a month or 2.

Porch Dweller
05-05-2014, 11:08 AM
Plenty of talk about Cigarbid, aka the "Devil Site":

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=55575
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=58792
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=57411
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=52105

...and many, many more. Just do a search for "Devil" and select "Search Titles Only" and a ton will show up.

I've scored some great deals from them and only ever had one issue; the customer service folks were very helpful in resolving it.

I second (or third or fourth) what many have said: when you get your smokes from them put them in your humi and forget about them for a minimum of a month.

czerbe
05-05-2014, 02:56 PM
Cbid has always been good to me... well that means at 2 a.m. when I have an empty bottle of scotch at my feet, they always accept my Credit Card... ugh...:confused:

but I second the waiting to smoke them... if you are in a rush to smoke one dry box it for up to a week maybe.

Brlesq
05-05-2014, 03:04 PM
Cbid has always been good to me... well that means at 2 a.m. when I have an empty bottle of scotch at my feet, they always accept my Credit Card... ugh...:confused:

Now THERE is the key to winning at the Devil Site: Don't Drink and Bid!

jjirons69
05-05-2014, 03:05 PM
To the once a week shipping. That way you get better shipping prices and they get more of your money. Have fun and try not to go broke.

ripper
05-05-2014, 04:19 PM
I can vouch for the site - spent my entire 401k at cigarbid. Sold my white Cadillac DeVille to finance my bids. Now I take the bus.
The key is not to rush. Most lots ending today will return soon if not sooner.

RobR1205
05-05-2014, 06:35 PM
As a recovering addict myself...

It's very easy to get hooked in bid wars. Just place the highest bid you're willing to pay and walk away! Also, you gotta keep track of what you're bidding on. I placed a bunch of bids not expecting to win most of them...and then I won all of them.

Nowadays, I really use the devil site for cutters, lighters, ashtrays, and the like (I got a four finger stinky ashtray for 12 bucks!) I find that some of the more well known cigars like Fuente, Padron, Liga, Opus, etc go above msrp which defeats the point of bidding on them. Just use a regular online retailer if that happens.

T.G
05-05-2014, 08:14 PM
Just place the highest bid you're willing to pay and walk away!

Excellent advice.

BTW, if you want to get an idea where things have closed in the past: http://sloppymcnubble.com/cbid/
Of course, past performance doesn't guarantee future results.:2

nutcracker
05-05-2014, 08:44 PM
They won't play with Canadians.

Probably just as well - eBay causes enough harm in my household!

Dude Here
05-05-2014, 08:45 PM
As a recovering addict myself...

It's very easy to get hooked in bid wars. Just place the highest bid you're willing to pay and walk away! Also, you gotta keep track of what you're bidding on. I placed a bunch of bids not expecting to win most of them...and then I won all of them.

Nowadays, I really use the devil site for cutters, lighters, ashtrays, and the like (I got a four finger stinky ashtray for 12 bucks!) I find that some of the more well known cigars like Fuente, Padron, Liga, Opus, etc go above msrp which defeats the point of bidding on them. Just use a regular online retailer if that happens.

X2 on the name brand stuff going for too much money. I've seen fivers of Padron 2000's, a $4 cigar, going for almost $30! Then 3.95 shipping on top of that. Be patient and bid smart. If you don't win a specific lot, just wait a few days. It will be back up.

Porch Dweller
05-05-2014, 09:06 PM
X2 on the name brand stuff going for too much money. I've seen fivers of Padron 2000's, a $4 cigar, going for almost $30! Then 3.95 shipping on top of that. Be patient and bid smart. If you don't win a specific lot, just wait a few days. It will be back up.

X2

Additionally, anytime I'm bidding on something I look at several other online vendors to check what they're selling the item for. You'll see an item on CBID selling for more than you could get it for at their store, CI.

smokin5
05-05-2014, 09:26 PM
My general rule of thumb over MANY years on CBid is I find the lowest
retail price, factor in shipping cost, & then bid no more than 2/3 of that
price (including shipping). Works often enough. Tho won lots more bids
in years past than in recent times. Unsure if it's using shills now, or
people have just gotten dumber. Equal odds on either choice, really.

meatcake
05-05-2014, 10:10 PM
I use this to see what lowest bid WON was.....and try to get lower than that.
http://sloppymcnubble.com/cbid/

dijit
05-06-2014, 05:32 AM
Use it regularly but do the research first make sure that you cant get it lower elsewhere first.

Sweet_Leaf_PDX
05-07-2014, 10:12 AM
I have found that certain items are typically a good deal when they are on the free fall auction. You can usually get it for about $10 less than the starting price if you are patient, sometimes a little more.

dave
05-07-2014, 10:50 AM
I have found that certain items are typically a good deal when they are on the free fall auction. You can usually get it for about $10 less than the starting price if you are patient, sometimes a little more.

Sorry if you've heard this before, but for some reason I feel the need to repeat it every time someone mentions 'free fall'.

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT buy singles on Free Fall. Everything on Free Fall comes under the 'samplers' category for weekly shipping charges. That means $5 for shipping the first one and another $1 for every one after that. Note that singles from 'Singles' category are only a quarter for the additional sticks. Easy to overlook this and get stung

Xolotal Mungin
05-10-2014, 09:04 AM
I have. With no regret. I got a box of Bueso Genesis for $40. That can't be beat. Don't look for exotics. Mine usually arrive a little dry and need some box time. Just don't get caught up: set your limits and walk away until the auction settles.

hammondc
05-10-2014, 09:55 AM
wots a cigarbid?