PDA

View Full Version : I need some help pricing cigars...

shilala
04-16-2014, 01:55 PM
I have a big box of cigars sitting here by my desk that I've been trying to get ready for sale and I finally managed to do it.
The problem is that I totally suck at cigar prices. Bad. I have no clue what anything costs, what they're worth, none of that stuff.

What I need is for someone who is really good at that stuff to take a quick look, tell me what they'd cost and what a good, cheap sell price is.
The lots are numbered 1-20, the pics are real good and self-explanatory, and it should only take anyone a few minutes.

If you'll pm me a numbered list in this format...
Lot 1, $50/$35
Lot 2, $75/$55
..it'd be a huge help and I'll hook you up with a fiver of something that's not in there for your trouble.

I don't want to have 20 guys wasting their time, so please post a reply here if you're gonna take a stab at it. I just need one or two lists and I'll average them and make up prices.
And please pm me the results, I don't think that info should be posted here.
It'll be posted on the for sale board as soon as I get time.

Link to the pics. (http://s925.photobucket.com/user/scottshilala/library/cigars?sort=3&page=1)

Thank You!!!
Scott

x man
04-16-2014, 03:27 PM
Send me the list, I could prolly price it out for you by tomorrow nite or fri.

big_jaygee
04-16-2014, 03:35 PM
I will give it a shot Scott :tu

big_jaygee
04-16-2014, 03:51 PM
I will give it a shot Scott :tu

I will give somebody else a shot that might be able to do it quicker. a couple things just came up here at work I need to take care of.

shilala
04-16-2014, 04:03 PM
Art and Scott (sofaman) are gonna help out, so I'm in good shape, Jason.
Thanks, brother. I very much appreciate your willingness to help!!! :)

billybarue
04-16-2014, 05:45 PM
That Padilla Achilles Toro in lot # 19 is a rarity. That was a CI special produced by Pepin just when he was hitting his stride. Ernie and Jose had a falling out (nasty by cigar business standards) and the Achilles came out again by Padilla and it was a Torpedo. Good cigar, but not the same as the original Achilles toro produced by Pepin.

kelmac07
04-16-2014, 05:49 PM
Scott...those two Camachos on the right are the "Face Off". Extremely limited and very rare. Litto made a bet with Christian from Camacho...they both had to create a stick using the others tobacco. This was Litto's offering. :2

But I 'm certain you already knew this. :D

big_jaygee
04-16-2014, 05:52 PM
Scott...those two Camachos on the right are the "Face Off". Extremely limited and very rare. Litto made a bet with Christian from Camacho...they both had to create a stick using the others tobacco. This was Litto's offering. :2

But I certain you already knew this. :D

mellowed out over the years but still a tasty cigar.

kelmac07
04-16-2014, 05:54 PM
mellowed out over the years but still a tasty cigar.

Over the years = 11 years. These are from 2003. :D

big_jaygee
04-16-2014, 05:57 PM
Over the years = 11 years. These are from 2003. :D

i know how old they are Mac :fu2

thanks again Mac :banger

jjirons69
04-16-2014, 05:58 PM
You've got more cigars than sense, you know that! ;)

kelmac07
04-16-2014, 06:00 PM
i know how old they are Mac :fu2

thanks again Mac :banger

I know that you know Jason. Others unfamiliar with these sticks may not. :D

shilala
04-16-2014, 06:03 PM
Someone, and I can almost remember who, introduced me to the face-offs. I had a couple and immediately sought out a bunch more.
I thought I'd smoked them all until I found those in one of a bunch of bags I stuffed in the bottom of my big humidor.

Whenever my winador gets so full that I start smashing sticks every time I close a drawer, I clean it out, fill up a gallon ziplock, and hide them from myself.
I found tons of really wicked sticks while I've been cleaning out the big humi.
I should probably hit our rare/HTF thread and spread some of that stuff around!!! :tu

shilala
04-16-2014, 06:07 PM
You've got more cigars than sense, you know that! ;)
Yes, I do know that. And I still have about a billion more. It's gonna take me five years just to get this down to something manageable, Jamie. Ugh.

Weelok
04-16-2014, 09:39 PM
Looks like your having a CI history sale. Lot of those cigars bring back memories but thank goodness there were no Double Happiness cigars in that bunch.

irratebass
04-17-2014, 06:34 AM
Psst Scott....I like Lot 8 & Lot 1.......Just sayin'