PDA

View Full Version : I hit the highs and lows yesterday

CoffeeWaterBeer
04-11-2014, 09:57 AM
Yesterday was almost the perfect cigar day.....almost.

I got to visit a B&M I hadn't been to (Drapers in DC), scored a couple nice sticks and had plenty of time in traffic to enjoy a smoke with windows down and music cranked up. All was good and well in the universe.

Once home I ran into a neighbor who had just got back from DR and said she had grabbed me a cigar. Could the day get any better?
Turns out the cigar was a (I hesitate to call it ) Cherry cigarillo that smelled like port-o-potty air freshener. I should have known my luck wasn't that great. I smoked about half of it to be polite. Looking on the positive side, I appreciate good sticks even more after tainting myself with that urinal tart garbage.

I'm sure many others out there have gotten cornered in a situation like that. Manners suck sometimes.

MrClean
04-11-2014, 10:01 AM
I've never had the 'pleasure' of smoking one and from the sound of it, anytime would be too soon. :lr :lr

Dude Here
04-11-2014, 10:03 AM
Oh man, tough break on that one, lol.

I had a friend buy me a box of Dutch Masters as a b-day gift once. It's the thought that counts, right?

AdamJoshua
04-11-2014, 10:11 AM
It's the thought that counts, doesn't matter what the cigar is, it's an awesome gesture on her part and to me that would make it all the more special, I might not smoke it but I would probably put it in a single finger bag and keep it somewhere with my other cigars as a memento.

I just could never see myself saying this, "I appreciate good sticks even more after tainting myself with that urinal tart garbage." and certainly not in the case of someone who thought of me and thought enough of me to purchase me a cigar, no matter what it is.

We won't even bother talking about what a "great" cigar is as everyone has different tastes.

markem
04-11-2014, 10:20 AM
I'd say that you had no lows :tu

Great cigar, tolerable traffic, gift from a neighbor who thought of you while in another country, and most likely a smile from the neighbor as you 'enjoyed' the cigar.

You didn't light it and throw it away in front of your neighbor. That would have been a low.

You were honorable, polite, and a good neighbor. Getting a trifecta is never a bad thing.

A very class move on your part.

RWhisenand
04-11-2014, 10:51 AM
Yea it doesn't sound like you had too bad of a day Seth, I'm just awaiting your next review,

"Woody, earthy with a faint taste of portapotty mint". :)

Dave128
04-11-2014, 11:52 AM
All highs in my book! I hope to have a day like that in my near future.

CRIMPS
04-11-2014, 11:58 AM
I'd say that you had no lows :tu

Great cigar, tolerable traffic, gift from a neighbor who thought of you while in another country, and most likely a smile from the neighbor as you 'enjoyed' the cigar.

You didn't light it and throw it away in front of your neighbor. That would have been a low.

You were honorable, polite, and a good neighbor. Getting a trifecta is never a bad thing.

A very class move on your part.

+1 Well said, Mark.

jjirons69
04-11-2014, 12:35 PM
Great gesture. Smoke it in a port-a-john when you get a chance.

CoffeeWaterBeer
04-11-2014, 12:39 PM
I didn't mean to come off as sounding ungrateful, I really do appreciate the gesture.

I offered for her to come over to bbq now that it's getting nice out and share some smokes with her so she can experience different blends. It's a great thing to have several B/SOTL on the block.

EDIT: I believe she has several more if anyone is interested in a trade :P

stearns
04-11-2014, 12:52 PM

:r

CRIMPS
04-11-2014, 02:17 PM

And it gets even awesomer!

shark
04-25-2014, 04:05 PM
She meant well. :r ;s

CdnStogie
04-28-2014, 06:34 PM
I just had one of these today.

A friend just got back from cuba and asked me to bring me back a 10 pack of mc#2s

He called me up on Saturday and said he got them - awesome! I thought. He said they did no have any 10 packs left so I picked you up a 5 pack instead and it was only like 20 dollars. Right away I was thinking to myself - I could have sworn I saw them only coming in 3/10/25 but figured worst case he got me no3s as they are around the 20$ mark

Get them today - he picked me up a pack of 20 cigarellos....

Can't blame the guy for trying. I thanked him and didn't bother telling him they were wrong. It was not his intent, just trying to do me a favour.

nutcracker
04-28-2014, 06:51 PM
Yesterday was almost the perfect cigar day.....almost.

I got to visit a B&M I hadn't been to (Drapers in DC), scored a couple nice sticks and had plenty of time in traffic to enjoy a smoke with windows down and music cranked up. All was good and well in the universe.

Once home I ran into a neighbor who had just got back from DR and said she had grabbed me a cigar. Could the day get any better?
Turns out the cigar was a (I hesitate to call it ) Cherry cigarillo that smelled like port-o-potty air freshener. I should have known my luck wasn't that great. I smoked about half of it to be polite. Looking on the positive side, I appreciate good sticks even more after tainting myself with that urinal tart garbage.

I'm sure many others out there have gotten cornered in a situation like that. Manners suck sometimes.

I was enjoying a nice smoke in a cigar lounge when TWO blokes sat down and proceeded to smoke their cherry-berry backwoods "cigars".
Just bad manners IMHO!