PDA

View Full Version : Ribs and Sriracha

markem
04-06-2014, 08:59 AM
Has anyone here every used Sriracha as a sauce when smoking pork ribs? I'm kind of limited since I can't have wheat, corn, dairy or soy, as to the sauces I can use. I have one sauce that I make from scratch, but love Sriracha so am thinking about mopping my ribs with this when on the smoker.

btw, I'm one of those who doesn't think that Sriracha is hot. Rather, I find it mildly hot with a rich spice taste. YourTasteMayVary.

Weather is warming and the humidity should be below 80% for the next few days, so I'm gonna clean the smoker today and start thinking about pork!

pnoon
04-06-2014, 09:03 AM
Sounds delicious.

blugill
04-06-2014, 09:07 AM
It does sound good!
Might sweeten the heat with two table spoons of Blue's Hog.

T.G
04-06-2014, 09:44 AM
Yes, I use it all the time.

I've found that because of the moderate sugar content of sriracha sauce, it can burn if exposed to heat for too long or too high a temp. So, for a mop, I'll dilute it about 1:1 by mixing sriracha and vinegar. Optionally adding mustard and dry spices like thyme, oregano, celery seed, pepper. This cuts the sugar down enough so I don't have to worry about burning when it's getting mopped every hour/half-hour for a few hours of cooking.

I've also used it as a finishing sauce / glaze for various meats by mixing with things like orange juice, maple syrup, raspberry preserves, sugar and molasses etc...

Porch Dweller
04-06-2014, 09:50 AM
Yes, I use it all the time.

I've found that because of the moderate sugar content of sriracha sauce, it can burn if exposed to heat for too long or too high a temp. So, for a mop, I'll dilute it about 1:1 by mixing sriracha and vinegar. Optionally adding mustard and dry spices like thyme, oregano, celery seed, pepper. This cuts the sugar down enough so I don't have to worry about burning when it's getting mopped every hour/half-hour for a few hours of cooking.

I've also used it as a finishing sauce / glaze for various meats by mixing with things like orange juice, maple syrup, raspberry preserves, sugar and molasses etc...

I've done the same, Sriracha and orange juice with just a bit of lime. :dr

jjirons69
04-06-2014, 06:05 PM
Chicken wing sauce we've made is Sriracha, melted butter, and a little lime juice. Very tasty!

mk05
04-06-2014, 06:47 PM
pics please. this sounds too delicious.