PDA

View Full Version : What do you get your bride for a wedding gift

gettysburgfreak
04-03-2014, 04:51 PM
I have been racking my brain like crazy trying to think of a nice gift to give to my fiancée on our wedding day. Hoping a fresh set of ideas might push me in the right direction. Thanks

RWhisenand
04-03-2014, 04:56 PM
A resident card. Seriously though we were pretty poor college students so the though of a wedding present was out. We did go the a B&B for the weekend though.

Congratulations on your forth coming nuptials!

gettysburgfreak
04-03-2014, 05:01 PM
A resident card. Seriously though we were pretty poor college students so the though of a wedding present was out. We did go the a B&B for the weekend though.

Congratulations on your forth coming nuptials!

Thank You!

T.G
04-03-2014, 05:17 PM
Kitchen appliances.

jsnake
04-03-2014, 05:44 PM
A baby in her belly!

Blueface
04-03-2014, 06:06 PM
Budget/range?

Remo
04-03-2014, 06:23 PM
Are you really asking this group for an idea of a "gift" to give your bride on your wedding day? :lr

kelmac07
04-03-2014, 06:44 PM
Her own humidor. :D

jsnake
04-03-2014, 06:56 PM
Her own humidor. :DBrilliant idea! -(P

Dave128
04-03-2014, 08:00 PM
A vacuum and pots/pans. Chicks dig that sort of stuff.

Ashcan Bill
04-03-2014, 08:12 PM
I'd go with a cookbook packed full of bacon recipes.

Did you know it's said that the marriage license fee is the smallest possible down payment on the longest possible installment plan?

:ss

jjirons69
04-03-2014, 08:33 PM
A white washing machine and dryer to match her dress. Always a favorite!

Sorry, I can't be serious.

04-03-2014, 08:56 PM
I gave her a wedding ring. Oh, and a house. I bought the house a month before we married then worked together with her parents fixing it up a bit prior to the wedding.

Hoestly I think an additional gift is not mandatory. But, if I was going to get one I would aim for something with a lot of meaning rather than something shiny with a big price tag. Like something that was passed down in your family or something that has a connection to how you met or how you fell in love.

:2

Zeuceone
04-03-2014, 09:13 PM
Access to your bank account.

gettysburgfreak
04-03-2014, 09:14 PM
Budget/range?

Not looking to go crazy, maybe 150 bucks. Basically hoping someone knew of a neat unique item out there. Ive found things on etsy I like. We both are leo's and thats how we met but dont want to get something revolving around our job. Our first date was to the san juan islands off washington state and first kiss was on a bench there down by the harbor. Trying to find a small wood bench would be cool.

pnoon
04-03-2014, 09:24 PM
A white washing machine and dryer to match her dress. Always a favorite!

Sorry, I can't be serious.

:tpd:

Or a scrub brush and knee pads. :D

bvilchez
04-03-2014, 10:06 PM
How about a vice grip with 2 walnuts in a gift wrapped box?

Seriously though, check out Pinterest for some cool ideas. How about a frame with the dates you met, started dating, and got married? Try to make it different by accentuating the font of the dates and a distressed wood frame. Instead of paper use some sort of burlap material.

Or you can also get the proverbial joint account at Costco.

dijit
04-04-2014, 05:33 AM
Ok I played Dumb and asked the wife what a good wedding present from a groom to a bride would be. Her answer "Remember that look you gave me when you first saw me walking down the isle? That was the best present we got for our wedding."

Subvet642
04-04-2014, 06:15 AM

:tpd: ...and don't forget the apron!

shilala
04-04-2014, 06:16 AM
If you didn't get anybody else, you made me laugh. :lr

stearns
04-04-2014, 06:23 AM
Bullets/range?

:tpd:

Dave128
04-04-2014, 11:16 AM
If you didn't get anybody else, you made me laugh. :lr

Those products work every time :xxx

BHalbrooks
04-04-2014, 05:38 PM
Not looking to go crazy, maybe 150 bucks. Basically hoping someone knew of a neat unique item out there. Ive found things on etsy I like. We both are leo's and thats how we met but dont want to get something revolving around our job. Our first date was to the san juan islands off washington state and first kiss was on a bench there down by the harbor. Trying to find a small wood bench would be cool.
Go for something like the bench. Something special that shows you actually gave a **** and thought a lot about it. Anyone can go buy a Mixer (Not in reference to what anyone said in here.) It's like going in Walmart and grabbing the first thing you see, ya know?

Do you have a buddy who's good with wood work and could help you make a bench?

For our first anniversary, I bought the Dr. Suess book, "Oh the places you'll go" and crossed out and re-wrote (I have good handwriting so it didn't look bad) the "I" and "you" to "we" and "us", and then wrote a really long love note on the first page. We didn't have a lot of money to work with, and it showed I actually put thought into it. That's my 25 year old opinion anyways.