PDA

View Full Version : Feedback

kayaker
12-18-2008, 01:47 PM
Call me slow, but I just figured out a little nuance of the Feedback system here.

I have 7 positive scores from trades and buys, but my score only shows 6. Couldn't figure out why until I check out someone else's feedback info.

We only get scored on the number of trades with different inmates. I had 2 scores from the same person, but the second one didn't count. No big deal, but had me scratching my head for a little while.

:hn

RHNewfie
12-18-2008, 02:04 PM
I think that is an issue, I'd report it I think.

Jay Hemingway
12-18-2008, 08:27 PM
it is like that on just about every forum i am on that uses i-trader.

LockOut
12-18-2008, 09:39 PM
ebay uses the same system also i belive

BORIStheBLADE
12-18-2008, 11:08 PM
BOTL is the same way. I noticed my trades didn't match the feedbacks I had too.

floydpink
12-19-2008, 06:27 AM
Mine shows 3, but I have 4 trade/purchases. I figured it was because I had two trades from the same person and they only count once?

Volt
12-19-2008, 06:38 AM
I would rather see each one reported as such. One good or bad trade with a person does not necessarily mean that all will be. And assuming that all further trades will be the same..... We all know that assuming is the mother of all **** ups.

Resipsa
12-19-2008, 06:47 AM
Trader rating fraud is a problem on Ebay and anywhere a. Rating system is used. I think the system as is acts as at least a partial prevention to people manipulating the system

mmblz
12-19-2008, 06:47 AM
The setting was definitely a conscious choice. If there's ever a compelling reason to change it, we may, but for now it is as described.

Jay Hemingway
12-19-2008, 12:45 PM
Trader rating fraud is a problem on Ebay and anywhere a. Rating system is used. I think the system as is acts as at least a partial prevention to people manipulating the system

:tpd:

that's exactly why it is in place like that. so two friends can't just go back and forth bumping each others trader scores.
(if that was the case i would have "one thousand trader feedbacks!", because i already tried that :r)

kayaker
12-19-2008, 02:08 PM
I would rather see each one reported as such. One good or bad trade with a person does not necessarily mean that all will be. And assuming that all further trades will be the same..... We all know that assuming is the mother of all **** ups.

I'm not sure how it would work if there was -ve feedback from someone who had previously posted +ve feedback.

In any case, a full record is still available for each person. I usually check a person's full report instead of just the posted number.

This system works for me, I just didn't know it worked like that and it confused me for a "short" while.:D