PDA

View Full Version : Cuban Crafters Revolucion Cigar Sissors (3 Blades)

WhiteMamba
03-18-2014, 10:49 AM
I got this cutter a month or two ago and I have been so impressed. It has 3 blades instead of 2 and gives a very clean cut. It also has a life time warranty. Does anyone else here use this kind of cutter, or am I a lone wolf/puppy?
:2

badbriar
03-18-2014, 11:13 AM
I got this cutter a month or two ago and I have been so impressed. It has 3 blades instead of 2 and gives a very clean cut. It also has a life time warranty. Does anyone else here use this kind of cutter, or am I a lone wolf/puppy?
:2
I've not seen your model. I have a CC perfect cutter that was sharp for a while, but then dulled badly. It sits in a drawer now. One day, I'll return it under the warranty. On another note, you can get a Xikar X8 for the same price you got yours. A couple of the old guard on CA highly recommended that one, so I ordered one. Tired of lesser cutters ending up dull and tearing the cap! :gary

gnbikes
03-18-2014, 02:47 PM
I have a set of these somewhere. They work great untill the tiny screws work their way loose. I tried some lock title on them, but they still came loose. I stick w/ my Zikars and similar cutters now.
Garry-

WhiteMamba
03-18-2014, 02:53 PM
Yeah, that is like the worst thing in the world. You get so pumped up about smoking a particular cigar and then when you go to cut it the cap gets torn off. I almost ruined my first acid Kuba Kuba using a crappy cutter. Thats what motivated me to go for the Revolucion. Since I don't have any problems with it I am gonna stick with it and use any extra cash for Cigars instead. I'll keep it in mind though about the Xicar maybe for a birthday or christmas when that comes back around.

Subvet642
03-18-2014, 03:01 PM
Yeah, that is like the worst thing in the world. You get so pumped up about smoking a particular cigar and then when you go to cut it the cap gets torn off. I almost ruined my first acid Kuba Kuba using a crappy cutter. Thats what motivated me to go for the Revolucion. Since I don't have any problems with it I am gonna stick with it and use any extra cash for Cigars instead. I'll keep it in mind though about the Xicar maybe for a birthday or christmas when that comes back around.

You mean they get worse? ;)

Seriously, I've had some pretty good cheap-@ss cutters, often better than the pretty ones I've bought.

WhiteMamba
03-18-2014, 09:55 PM
Haha yeah I know I catch a lot of slack for smoking them. But every once in a while I like something sweet to smoke just to switch things up.

AdamJoshua
03-18-2014, 10:19 PM
Yeah, that is like the worst thing in the world. You get so pumped up about smoking a particular cigar and then when you go to cut it the cap gets torn off. I almost ruined my first acid Kuba Kuba using a crappy cutter.

How could you tell?

:r

We keed we keed.

Robulous78
03-19-2014, 12:02 AM
1 word.... Palio...

Ever since I have had one I have loved it. It's not my only cutter for fear that I could loose it but otherwise it IS my only cutter. never fails to give a good cut, stays surgical steel sharp 24/7/365 and it also can be used as a cigar rest, what else can you ask for?

Robulous78
03-19-2014, 12:02 AM
1 word.... Palio...

Ever since I have had one I have loved it. It's not my only cutter for fear that I could loose it but otherwise it IS my only cutter. never fails to give a good cut, stays surgical steel sharp 24/7/365 and it also can be used as a cigar rest, what else can you ask for?

AdamJoshua
03-19-2014, 12:21 AM
1 word.... Palio...

Yet you posted it twice. :sl

WhiteMamba
03-19-2014, 08:30 PM
Yet you posted it twice. :sl

:r:r:r

Dude Here
03-19-2014, 09:40 PM
I got the CC perfect cutter off Amazon about a month ago and have like it so far. Probably about 15 cuts with it so far and it works perfectly. Rock solid construction as well.

govicgo
05-13-2014, 10:00 AM
I prefer the perfect cutter from CC , the revolucion I have leaves a ratty edge every cut no matter how I use it. I think it's a design flaw.

Remo
05-13-2014, 10:07 AM
Palio or Xikar and that is all you need :tu

yourchoice
05-13-2014, 10:15 AM
I almost ruined my first acid Kuba Kuba using a crappy cutter.

You might very well already know, but many (including me) recommend keeping your flavor infused cigars in a seperate humidor from your non-infused. With the recent influx of cigars you've received (:sl) I'd figure to reiterate the recommendation.

RevSmoke
05-13-2014, 10:26 AM

Can you ruin a Kuba Kuba? I mean, maybe it was a sign from God, "Do not smoke this! Go grab a good cigar and enjoy yourself! :r

Sorry, I know some people like them, and I am always harping on smoking what you like. Indeed, you must only smoke what you like. But, I had one once and could only think of the stuff guys used to burn in the dorms of college to cover the smell of the other stuff they were smoking.

WhiteMamba
05-13-2014, 10:48 AM
haha thanks for the concern guys that was the first and last acid I have smoked. I was just curious to see what all of the fuss was about since I kept seeing them on CI and other places. Since this post I have gotten a Xikar x8 (would have gotten the palio but the price made the difference) it has been my go to cutter but the cc is still a descent cutter just too big for my pocket.

Heavy_d
05-13-2014, 06:13 PM
I've not tried their cutters, but I've got a Cuban Crafters bullet punch that works great. Between that and my X8, I've got pretty much all my cigar opening needs covered.

Porch Dweller
05-13-2014, 07:56 PM
Smoke what you like, like what you smoke. I don't care if it's a grape-flavored White Owl, if it brings you pleasure and satisfaction, smoke it.

WhiteMamba
05-13-2014, 08:12 PM
Smoke what you like, like what you smoke. I don't care if it's a grape-flavored White Owl, if it brings you pleasure and satisfaction, smoke it.

Maybe I'll have to send you an acid next time :r