PDA

View Full Version : Math Vs Engineering

Steve
03-11-2014, 08:31 AM
A Mathematician and an Engineer agreed to take part in an experiment.

They were both placed in a room and on the other side of the room
was an attractive naked woman lying on a bed. The experimenter informed them that every 30 minutes they would be able to travel half the
distance between themselves and the woman.

The mathematician immediately stormed off yelling "This is ******* pointless !!!!" but the engineer agreed to proceed with the experiment anyway. The mathematician exclaimed on his way out "Hey, idiot, you know you'll never actually reach her, RIGHT !??!?!?"

To which the engineer replied, "So what, pretty soon I'll be close enough for all practical purposes !!!"...

================================================== ==

Full disclosure...I am an engineer :D

CigarNut
03-11-2014, 08:37 AM
:r :r

big_jaygee
03-11-2014, 08:40 AM
:r :r :r

Blueface
03-11-2014, 09:48 AM
:r
Sometimes all you need is to be close enough for a decent view.

dave
03-11-2014, 09:52 AM
I don't get it....then again, I was a Liberal Arts major....I could philosophize about it all day, but that wouldn't get me laid either

kelmac07
03-11-2014, 10:33 AM
:r :r

Porch Dweller
03-11-2014, 10:54 AM
I don't get it....then again, I was a Liberal Arts major....I could philosophize about it all day, but that wouldn't get me laid either

Google "Zeno's Dichotomy Paradox".

dave
03-11-2014, 11:05 AM
Porch,
Thanks. Zeno I get. I'm more in tune with dudes that sit and think about weird seemingly paradoxical stuff, than I am with propeller-head folk.

What I don't understand about the joke is what an engineer (or a mathematician) would do if they ever caught up with the girl that always seems out of reach.... :) lol

Steve
03-11-2014, 11:12 AM
What I don't understand about the joke is what an engineer (or a mathematician) would do if they ever caught up with the girl that always seems out of reach.... :) lol

Get married, have a beautiful daughter, and live happily ever after...:banger

dave
03-11-2014, 11:25 AM
:tu