PDA

View Full Version : Visiting Famous Vs. CI

jhedrick83
03-04-2014, 04:36 PM
So my wife and I are planning a road trip this summer with a couple friends, mainly driving around up north, Niagara Falls, Boston, etc. On our way back we were planning on trying to stop at either a CI B&M or the Famous B&M. Have any of you guys been to both, if so, which one would you recommend?

CigarAdvisor
03-05-2014, 06:49 AM
Famous has an amazing selection of cigars, a massive walk-in humidor, and excellent prices. Additionally, they have a restaurant called Leaf, which offers excellent food from salads to steaks at reasonable prices; tons of craft and tap beers, plus you can smoke in the restaurant and enjoy your cigars. If you're returning on a Friday and want to do dinner, you may want to make reservations. Otherwise, you'll find tons of great deals all over the store. :banger

dave
03-05-2014, 07:17 AM
^ This would have been a great opportunity for a disclaimer.

dave
03-05-2014, 07:31 AM
I've never been to Famous' store, so I'm no help comparing.

However, I have been to CI's Bethlehem location and highly recommend it. And I've heard the Hamburg store is much better than that.

And....I neither work for CI, nor do I have any affiliation with them whatsoever...except that CI has probably taken a little more of my money than Famous has.

Real1929
03-05-2014, 10:06 AM
Never been to Famous. I've been to both the CI Hamburg and Bethlehem stores. Both are really great. The Hamburg store is fairly new and much bigger so I would probably go that route.

With that being said, I'm sure it will be enjoyable at any of the three. Have a great trip.

jhedrick83
03-05-2014, 11:03 AM
Never been to Famous. I've been to both the CI Hamburg and Bethlehem stores. Both are really great. The Hamburg store is fairly new and much bigger so I would probably go that route.

With that being said, I'm sure it will be enjoyable at any of the three. Have a great trip.

Yeah, I probably can't go wrong either way. I just didn't know if there might be some big draw to one over the other. The restaurant at Famous might be easier to sell to the wives, but we shall see.

czerbe
03-05-2014, 11:10 AM
I living in PA have been to all three, I go to the CI Hamburg location all the time only being about 20 mins away. Its AMAZING! Full bar, the entire building is a Humidor which is mind blowing and the selection is unbeatable. That being said if you are making a trip from up North to PA you might want to just hit up the Famous and CI which are pretty close to each other. Famous is a great place good food, great selection of cigars and a great bar "called Leaf" The CI store up there is ehhhh lots of cigars but thats it. If you have the time and want to drive go to the CI in Hamburg you will not be let down. Famous is also a great choice!

jhedrick83
03-05-2014, 11:13 AM
I living in PA have been to all three, I go to the CI Hamburg location all the time only being about 20 mins away. Its AMAZING! Full bar, the entire building is a Humidor which is mind blowing and the selection is unbeatable. That being said if you are making a trip from up North to PA you might want to just hit up the Famous and CI which are pretty close to each other. Famous is a great place good food, great selection of cigars and a great bar "called Leaf" The CI store up there is ehhhh lots of cigars but thats it. If you have the time and want to drive go to the CI in Hamburg you will not be let down. Famous is also a great choice!

Does Famous do the freebie/coupons they do online in store as well?

czerbe
03-05-2014, 01:03 PM
CI will honor the online coupons in their store not sure about Famous?

Digs
03-21-2014, 10:01 AM
Been to both many times, about 15 minutes from my home is CI's "new" Hamburg store. Famous is located in an industrial park! CI has Cabela's many restaurants etc. right in around it. For what its worth!

jhedrick83
03-21-2014, 07:25 PM
The more I look, the more I want to go see both. The accompanying wives are supportive of our habit, but I'm not sure if they are THAT supportive.:sl

Porch Dweller
03-22-2014, 06:46 AM
The more I look, the more I want to go see both. The accompanying wives are supportive of our habit, but I'm not sure if they are THAT supportive.:sl

Find a shoe store or a Bed Bath and Beyond nearby that you can drop them off at while you go to Famous & CI. :)

jhedrick83
03-22-2014, 07:12 AM
Find a shoe store or a Bed Bath and Beyond nearby that you can drop them off at while you go to Famous & CI. :)

:r:r