PDA

View Full Version : Papas Fritas

badbriar
02-13-2014, 09:01 PM
Never tried these before and was pleasantly surprised. Good little short filler stick. Only down side was that these seem to smoke on the hot side. Chocked that up to the short filler. Otherwise, a potent and tasty little cigar that's perfect as a dog-walker. :D
Is the flavor of these similar to / same as the LP premiums?
RR

icehog3
02-13-2014, 09:04 PM
Like you said, Rob, nice little short filler smoke, but they haven't matched up to the few LP premiums that I've tried. Just my seldom-NC smokin' 2 cents, and worth at least half that. ;)

Robulous78
02-13-2014, 09:18 PM
I can't speak personally to the premium LPs. But in regard to your burning a bit hot comment, I have had a few of these and haven't noticed that before :hm

As I understand it, the tastes are similar to the LPs but I cant personally confirm this...

icehog3
02-13-2014, 09:30 PM
As I understand it, the tastes are similar to the LPs but I cant personally confirm this...

I can personally confirm they're not, Rob. :r

Robulous78
02-13-2014, 09:36 PM
I can personally confirm they're not, Rob. :r

I stand corrected...

not even "similar"? I mean it is a broad term really... like hamburger is similar to fillet minon in the fact they are both beef... :lr

Half credit, perhaps? :lr

MrClean
02-13-2014, 10:03 PM
Rob I love the T52s and really enjoy the #9s as well. The Papa Fritas are not similar in tastes, at least to me. I do seem to smoke them a lot slower than most sticks of a similar size, because of the same thing you said, they can be a little bitter (to me at least). I was surprised at how long they smoke for such a short stick.
I've had a few fresh LP's that were slightly bitter, but after a few, or several months they are really great. I haven't had any PF's with much time on them. Just my 2 cents. :tu

badbriar
02-13-2014, 10:04 PM
I stand corrected...

not even "similar"? I mean it is a broad term really... like hamburger is similar to fillet minon in the fact they are both beef... :lr

Hey... Even similar gets half credit! :sl

RR

icehog3
02-13-2014, 10:20 PM

Absoutely, Rob. :D

Robulous78
02-13-2014, 10:22 PM
Absoutely, Rob. :D

Hellz to the yeah, I win a coke... :D

Remo
02-13-2014, 10:40 PM
I need to try these, keep telling myself to get some but something else always comes up :sh

tsolomon
02-14-2014, 06:11 AM
I liked the one that I smoked, but it doesn't compare to the other LPs. I think it could smoke hot as the draw is pretty open and it's a smaller ring guage.

equetefue
02-14-2014, 07:59 AM
They taste like freshly rolled No 9's. Very good flavor but a tad bitter at times. They also need to be around higher humidity so they don't burn hot, and you have to smoke them slow.

Very good alternative is J Fuego Origens

badbriar
02-14-2014, 11:00 AM
They taste like freshly rolled No 9's. Very good flavor but a tad bitter at times. They also need to be around higher humidity so they don't burn hot, and you have to smoke them slow.

Very good alternative is J Fuego Origens

... +2 on what Edwin said! :ss

Brutus2600
02-14-2014, 11:07 AM
While I enjoyed the Papas Fritas, they don't top my list for short smokes. For that I much prefer the MUWAT Baitfish, Tatuaje PCR, Intemperance BA XXI The Intrigue or a Partagas Short.

Having said that, I understand why they're priced where they are, but if they were just a little cheaper I might be more inclined to include them in my short smoke rotation.

Sweet_Leaf_PDX
02-14-2014, 11:44 AM
I have tried several and do not think they taste like the LP #9. They have some good flavors, but as others have said, you have to smoke them slow because they can get bitter/hot on you.

If you have not tried them before I think they are worth trying. Some B&Ms sell them as individual sticks and not just the 4 packs.

Dude Here
02-14-2014, 11:49 AM
I've only had one of these before but I found it to be very enjoyable. Probably one of the best short filler smokes I've ever had.

kelmac07
02-14-2014, 11:59 AM
Agreed with others, to me, these don't taste like the LP #9. Not to say that's a bad thing, because these are tasty little buggers (especially if you can let them sit 8-12 months).

Steve
02-14-2014, 12:07 PM
I received (read that "was smacked with") some of these during the beat down that was cleverly disguised as the "Brotherly Love" Bomb (:D), and I have enjoyed smoking the couple that I have lit up. :2:2

:ss

Remo
02-14-2014, 12:16 PM
I received (read that "was smacked with") some of these during the beat down that was cleverly disguised as the "Brotherly Love" Bomb (:D), and I have enjoyed smoking the couple that I have lit up. :2:2

:ss

You got prison gang raped!! :lr

Steve
02-14-2014, 12:24 PM
You got prison gang raped!! :lr

Fortunately it was a "Ladies" Prison :noon:noon

Remo
02-14-2014, 12:39 PM
Fortunately it was a "Ladies" Prison :noon:noon

:r :lr

maninblack
02-14-2014, 12:44 PM
Steve you need another reminder of how much we "love" you?

badbriar
02-14-2014, 01:04 PM
:r :lr

Mike -

What are you laughing at... we still remember your "man-purses"!
:hy

Steve
02-14-2014, 01:25 PM
Mike -

What are you laughing at... we still remember your "man-purses"!
:hy

:chr

Remo
02-14-2014, 01:31 PM
Wow, Rob is talking sh!t, I will nuke your @ss!!!!!

Remo
02-14-2014, 01:32 PM
:chr

U2 old man :sl

Steve
02-14-2014, 01:40 PM
Brotherly Love buddy, nothing but Brotherly Love :hy

icehog3
02-14-2014, 02:20 PM
Is the flavor of these similar to / same as the LP premiums?
RR

... +2 on what Edwin said! :ss

How is it "+2 on what Edwin said", if based on your original post, it doesn't sound like you have smoked any LP premiums? How could you know if he is right or not? :confused:

AUguy
02-14-2014, 03:00 PM
I liked the first one I smoked but the next three out of the tin just weren't my thing. Maybe I had a bit much to drink with the first one. The rest of the LPs are great though.

badbriar
02-14-2014, 03:05 PM
How is it "+2 on what Edwin said", if based on your original post, it doesn't sound like you have smoked any LP premiums? How could you know if he is right or not? :confused:

Just this part... They (PF's) also need to be around higher humidity so they don't burn hot, and you have to smoke them slow.
Agreeing just according to my limited experience with one. Noticed it was a little on the hot side, so will give a try at the higher humidity. Good little sticks as is - maybe get even better if I store them differently!
:tu

badbriar
02-14-2014, 03:08 PM
Wow, Rob is talking sh!t, I will nuke your @ss!!!!!

Remembering the Edwin slapping you got! LMAO over the purses/clutches comments! :chr

badbriar
03-08-2014, 09:30 PM
Took Edwin's advice and stored the few left at 75% humidity for a couple weeks and what a difference! Most cigars would be too moist at that(for my taste), but these little buggers were just right. Draw was slightly on the snug side, burned perfectly and smoked absolutely cool for almost an hour! These li'l PF's are damn good! :dr