PDA

View Full Version : The Lego Movie

bruceolee
02-13-2014, 11:05 AM
I'll admit it! I'm a big kid at heart. I still love toys it's just my toys have changed from GI Joes to iPads and hi-tech gear. The only real difference? The price. Now for the most part we all had legos growing up. I still browse lego kits from time to time although I never buy them. I'm amazed at how much they've evolved from a child's toy to appealing to adults now. This is a fun movie and like many modern "kids" films there's something for the parents too. It references everything from the terminator to lord of the rings. It's a little hyper but for the most part you'll be amazed at how many jokes were geared towards grown up "kids" than to actual kids. Find an excuse to see this movie and you won't be disappointed. Take your children, niece, nephew, or kidnap a strange child! it doesn't matter because this is just pure fun. It has Batman in it and that says it all. :)

equetefue
02-13-2014, 11:31 AM
my boys have been begging me to take them and I might just go ahead and do so this weekend.

As far as legos, loved them as a kid, hate them as adult since I stepped on a few of them They hurt like a b*tch. lol

02-13-2014, 11:42 AM
Cool, thanks. My kids want to see this bad.

irratebass
02-13-2014, 06:27 PM
I want to see this

OLS
02-13-2014, 07:26 PM
Bruceolee, to me its not just the jokes, but from what I have seen in the trailers, its the DELIVERY that is
geared in both directions. The subtlety seems aimed squarely at the modern adult, kids at heart all of em.
It would seem from the trailers that no one will go home scratching their head and reaching around in their
pockets for that lost 8 bucks. But I could be wrong. A trailer wouldn't LIE, would it?

Coach Deg
02-13-2014, 07:44 PM
Just got home. 12yr old and his friend thought it was great, 15yr old thought it was ok, 4yr old laughed at everything, wife thought it was cute. I thought some parts were real funny. Seeing the old Legos was cool. But maybe I should not have seen on a week night, I feel asleep with 20min left. Wife did wake me for the end which was cool( in a nice way).

longknocker
02-14-2014, 04:16 AM
Took The Grandkids (6 & 4 Years Old) Wednesday To See It. Like You Said, Something For Everyone!:tu:)

mikesr1963
02-14-2014, 06:07 AM
:banger:banger:bangerTook The Grandkids (6 & 4 Years Old) Wednesday To See It. Like You Said, Something For Everyone!:tu:)

CoffeeWaterBeer
02-14-2014, 06:41 AM
Hoping to take my son on Sunday. I still love building legos with the kiddo. My only minor complaint is that many of the kits have such unique pieces, it's hard to use them for other builds (specifically the Star Wars ships).

OLS
02-18-2014, 06:16 AM
Ehh. Stooped to Yu-Gi-Oh levels of "Hey kids, let's get out our Legos and save the world" toy poking.
I thought there were parts that made it a decent movie, the message in the first 2/3 of being an individual
was good, the SONG is good and typical of a catchy song you do not want to be caught singing, like some
Beiber song that's catchy, if their is one. Ehh. But I am not the target audience, so that is to be expected.

srduggins
02-25-2014, 03:36 PM
I can't get that (Everythingis Aaaawesome) song out of me head.