Wrapper: Ecuadorian
Binder/Filler: Dominican
SIze: 5 1/4 x 50
Vitola: Robusto
MSRP: $18

Time In Humidor: 2 years
Humidity 68/ 67 degrees

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/picture.php?albumid=986&pictureid=8394

Prelight: Sweet barnyard hay, cedar, although it's a Ecuadorian wrapper it smells a bit like a Cameroon wrapper briefly

1st 1/3
Mix of oak, earth, pepper and slight sweet notes all very creamy
Continuing with sweet flavors of tea and going into a nut and wood notes with the pepper falling off more.

Ash is a chalking white gray with a very straight burn line with lots of smoke out-put
Getting a hint of sandalwood on the finish (first time to experience this note in a cigar and very pleasant)

2nd 1/3
Wood, nut, cedar, light pepper and spice flavors though the finish and now dry fruit of some kind but not citric in nature

The age of the tobacco rewards me with a very smooth smoke with controlled flavors not over the top that I don't mine but this works fine for the 2007 Robusto

Last 1/3
I find the stick a medium in strength and smooth, the pepper never over powered and stayed in the background where I like pepper if its in the profile of any cigar.

The finish continues with smooth nut and wood with that elusive sandalwood topping it off that is very pleasant.

For me the most annoying note was the pepper, although not over powering just got in the way of the other great notes.

At a $18+ price I would find it hard to have more unless I won the lottery but worth the experience in having the chance in my memory to gauge it against other cigars.

Smoke time: 1hr 40 min
Score 8.5 out of 10

Smokes similar to me to the Perdomo, Tatuaje and Illusione

bruceolee
01-26-2014, 04:23 PM
Great Review!

G G
01-26-2014, 04:28 PM
Nice review.:tu

Bankster
01-26-2014, 07:02 PM
Great Review! Would Love to Try!

azar
02-20-2014, 01:24 AM
Enjoyed the review. Have to agree with you at 18.00 have to win lottery to enjoy more.

Xolotal Mungin
02-23-2014, 11:37 PM
Yes, nice review.