PDA

View Full Version : NY Sucks!!!

ScottieM
12-17-2008, 07:37 AM
It looks like Our Gov David Patterson is going to choke NYers to death with new Taxes and fees. I don't know why any young person right out of college would want to live here. Here's a pic that was in Todays NY Post. It's just a small sample on what he plans to increase Tax's and Fees on. Plus he wants to Defer 5 pay days over 5 pay periods for all State Workers which includes myself.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/12172008/photos/news007.jpg

Tombstone
12-17-2008, 08:15 AM
That sucks..however NY is notorious for voting in a party who looks at paying higher taxes as being patriotic.;) Note to self do not move to NY or Michigan.

md4958
12-17-2008, 08:16 AM
Glad you guys now know how it feels to be a Masshole. We hate NY too!!

Mr.Maduro
12-17-2008, 08:19 AM
That sucks..however NY is notorious for voting in a party who looks at paying higher taxes as being patriotic.;) Note to self do not move to NY or Michigan.

He wasn't voted in. Our former governor was involved in a call-gall scandal.

MikeyC
12-17-2008, 08:19 AM

:r :r :r

and they call our state tax-achusetts :rolleyes:

Tombstone
12-17-2008, 08:21 AM

Ahh yes i remember now. Nothing like our public servants hard at work.

VirtualSmitty
12-17-2008, 08:55 AM
Ahh yes i remember now. Nothing like our public servants hard at work.

What state do you live in jackass? That's twice now i've seen you insult another brothers state of residence, tell me where you are so I can explain to you why i'll never live there.

Tombstone
12-17-2008, 09:07 AM
What state do you live in jackass? That's twice now i've seen you insult another brothers state of residence, tell me where you are so I can explain to you why i'll never live there.

Easy..Easy..no sense in throwing insults.

VirtualSmitty
12-17-2008, 09:11 AM
Easy..Easy..no sense in throwing insults.

You seem to have no problem doing so. Please tell me so I can make a note to myself not to move to where you live.

AAlmeter
12-17-2008, 09:12 AM
I live in NY. Though the snow in the mountains can be pretty, and the tall buildings on the east side are grand....it's a shithole, a joke, and nearly impossible to do business in unless you're a part of the machine. Hell, our next senator (replacing long-time NYer Hill) is going to be a Kennedy...simply because her last name is Kennedy. Talk about WTF?!?

http://forbiddenplanet.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/Harvey%20Korman%20and%20Mel%20Brooks%20in%20Blazin g%20Saddles.jpeg

But at least we've got the BILLS!

Tombstone
12-17-2008, 09:15 AM
I live in NY. Though the snow in the mountains can be pretty, and the tall buildings on the east side are grand....it's a shithole, a joke, and nearly impossible to do business in unless you're a part of the machine. Hell, our next senator (replacing long-time NYer Hill) is going to be a Kennedy...simply because her last name is Kennedy. Talk about WTF?!?

http://forbiddenplanet.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/Harvey%20Korman%20and%20Mel%20Brooks%20in%20Blazin g%20Saddles.jpeg

Exactly!!!

Resipsa
12-17-2008, 09:20 AM

But at least we've got the BILLS!You don't live in NY you live in Buffalo, ;):r

VirtualSmitty
12-17-2008, 09:21 AM
You don't live in NY you live in Buffalo, ;):r

Exactly! :r

AAlmeter
12-17-2008, 09:25 AM
You don't live in NY you live in Buffalo, ;):r

If we could secede from NYC I'd be thrilled!

Then we could slap a nice tariff on the importation of Long "Strong" Islanders to WNY campuses. Nothing like a fat girl in sweatpants thinking she's the hottest thing at the bar :pu

ahc4353
12-17-2008, 09:28 AM
I grew up in upstate NY and one day hope to get the hell out of NJ and return. I'll take your problems over this sh!hole any day.

Keep your head up.

:)

md4958
12-17-2008, 09:31 AM
I grew up in upstate NY and one day hope to get the hell out of NJ and return. I'll take your problems over this sh!hole any day.

Keep your head up.

:)

come on Al, you know they wouldnt let you back in!

Resipsa
12-17-2008, 09:32 AM
If we could secede from NYC I'd be thrilled!

Then we could slap a nice tariff on the importation of Long "Strong" Islanders to WNY campuses. Nothing like a fat girl in sweatpants thinking she's the hottest thing at the bar :puI did my undergrad work out your way at Geneseo.........never ending winters, colder than a witches you know what........hell in the summer the women have to bundle up it's so cold so how can anyone tell if a chick is fat or not?:r

Foosball, Broom Ball (which I still have never, ever, seen played anywhere else outside of western NY), peh.........

ahc4353
12-17-2008, 09:33 AM
come on Al, you know they wouldnt let you back in!

Do you follow me around? Damn man get a life!

AAlmeter
12-17-2008, 09:37 AM
I did my undergrad work out your way at Geneseo.........never ending winters, colder than a witches you know what........hell in the summer the women have to bundle up it's so cold so how can anyone tell if a chick is fat or not?:r

Foosball, Broom Ball (which I still have never, ever, seen played anywhere else outside of western NY), peh.........

Well, you're the one that picked Geneseo! Did you think a college with 2 undergrad programs in the middle of nowhere was going to be a blast?

I have no idea what broom ball is...must be a cny thing.

VirtualSmitty
12-17-2008, 09:40 AM
I have no idea what broom ball is...must be a cny thing.

Broomball is actually more of a Canadian thing.

md4958
12-17-2008, 10:00 AM
Do you follow me around? Damn man get a life!

I told you Al, :cbyou are my life!:cb

DavenportESQ
12-17-2008, 10:01 AM

Hey hey leave Ashley Dupree out of this, she has feelings toooo hahahah:r:r

This was hilarious because I went to high school with her. Interestingly enough I saw the two most corrupt states=Illinois, NJ

AAlmeter
12-17-2008, 10:03 AM
Broomball is actually more of a Canadian thing.

That explains it! :D

We have half of Canada here in WNY now...apparently the concept of a mall has yet to hit the great white north. :rolleyes:

Resipsa
12-17-2008, 10:06 AM
Well, you're the one that picked Geneseo! Did you think a college with 2 undergrad programs in the middle of nowhere was going to be a blast?
Why yes, yes I am the one that picked Geneseo,:D Geneseo began life as an all women's teachers college.

When I was there the ratio was 8 women for every guy....and, yes, by the way, it was a blast:r:r:r

AAlmeter
12-17-2008, 10:08 AM
Why yes, yes I am the one that picked Geneseo,:D Geneseo began life as an all women's teachers college.

When I was there the ratio was 8 women for every guy....and, yes, by the way, it was a blast:r:r:r

I should have reconsidered my career...any idea what the ratio is for engineering schools... :bh

shilala
12-17-2008, 11:33 AM
I told you Al, :cbyou are my life!:cb
Did you know that Al is on the New Jersey flag?
Little known fact there...
;)

gettysburgfreak
12-17-2008, 01:31 PM
thats exactly why I am trying to get out of NY

:eevis
12-17-2008, 02:44 PM
It looks like Our Gov David Patterson is going to choke NYers to death with new Taxes and fees. I don't know why any young person right out of college would want to live here. Here's a pic that was in Todays NY Post. It's just a small sample on what he plans to increase Tax's and Fees on. Plus he wants to Defer 5 pay days over 5 pay periods for all State Workers which includes myself.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/12172008/photos/news007.jpg

This is the part that is really killing me. I am on an extremely tight budget financially, and this sure doesn't help. Not to mention the witholding of the upcoming years raise. And on top of that. My position was supposed to become a traineeshop for another position, which i would have been able to move right into with work credit, and that would have bumped me 5 pay grades, oh well! Can't complain, it won't make a difference. Just gotta see if the union is able to convince him to take other measures, which they will be addressing with Pqatterson in the upcoming week

12-17-2008, 03:21 PM
Also, according to the Daily News, he is also proposing a $0.50 tax on cigars, up from .10 or .16 apiece!!:fl

Resipsa
12-17-2008, 04:02 PM
This is the part that is really killing me. I am on an extremely tight budget financially, and this sure doesn't help. Not to mention the witholding of the upcoming years raise. And on top of that. My position was supposed to become a traineeshop for another position, which i would have been able to move right into with work credit, and that would have bumped me 5 pay grades, oh well! Can't complain, it won't make a difference. Just gotta see if the union is able to convince him to take other measures, which they will be addressing with Pqatterson in the upcoming week
don't worry too much about the raise, nothing is certain but I have it from highly placed sources that the Unions have already told him to go piss in his hat, they will not re-open the contract negotiations.

Those raises are part of your contract, he has no ability to not pay them.:)

csbrewfisher
12-17-2008, 04:11 PM

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:r:r:r:r:r:r:r:r

12-17-2008, 04:19 PM
don't worry too much about the raise, nothing is certain but I have it from highly placed sources that the Unions have already told him to go piss in his hat, they will not re-open the contract negotiations.

Our PEF rep told us the same thing, he said that it would be horrible to set the precedent of re-opening a contract for discussion, but still that tax on 'gars

neoflex
12-17-2008, 08:46 PM
The high cost of living is what drove my wife and I to move to NC. We both made very good money there but still felt like we practically lived paycheck to paycheck. We love NC and when some of my clients back in NY ask me when I am moving back I simply answer "Never!" Will be back this week and it will be my first time back since we moved over a year and a half ago. Only thing I miss is the food.

ScottieM
12-18-2008, 02:39 PM

My Union still has no contract with the state. We are presently going through Binding Arbitration. I'm crossing my fingers but, not expecting much.