PDA

View Full Version : Ave Maria

Dude Here
01-03-2014, 08:57 PM
Anyone here have some experience with this brand? I did a search and didn't turn up much aside from a review from Outlaw God (great review BTW). I've been eyeballing a box of coronas on C-Bid. Any info is appreciated.

Remo
01-03-2014, 09:00 PM
I have smoked a few and IMHO they were great, can't remember the vitola, but notes of chocolate and coffee..a bit of sweetness, were really tasty!

Ogre
01-03-2014, 09:02 PM
I have smoked a few and IMHO they were great, can't remember the vitola, but notes of chocolate and coffee..a bit of sweetness, were really tasty!

:tpd: I enjoyed them

Dude Here
01-03-2014, 09:03 PM

Sounds right up my alley. Just put in a lowball bid on the corona box. Not sure how high I'm willing to go to win it though.

Remo
01-03-2014, 09:04 PM
Anyone here have some experience with this brand? I did a search and didn't turn up much aside from a review from Outlaw God (great review BTW). I've been eyeballing a box of coronas on C-Bid. Any info is appreciated.

Just get them, if you don't like em' send em' to me and Larry for proper disposal :tu

Heavy_d
01-03-2014, 09:04 PM
Haven't tried them yet, but I had heard good things from the net so I pulled the trigger on a box of the Holy Grails on the devil site. I'll let you know what I think when they arrive.

Lockspur
01-03-2014, 09:13 PM
Another quality cigar from AJ Fernandez. :tu I love 'em.

Zane
01-03-2014, 09:21 PM
I did not care for the one I had. Just wasn't in my wheelhouse. Nothing wrong with the cigar just not for me.

smokin5
01-03-2014, 09:26 PM
Really enjoyed the few I've had.
Just have a problem justifying the retail price.

Lockspur
01-03-2014, 09:34 PM
Really enjoyed the few I've had.
Just have a problem justifying the retail price.

Devil Site sniping will get you what you need. ;)

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2883/11744817523_785bce566e_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/36299659@N07/11744817523)

Construction ain't bad either.

Porch Dweller
01-03-2014, 09:41 PM
I've had the Lionheart (robusto) and Clermont (corona) and really enjoyed both of them. The devil site usually has a box of either one in weekly rotation. The bidding usually gets up to $80-ish for them which is a fair price IMNSHO. I lucked out on a box of Clermonts before the holidays for $64. In summary: a tasty cigar that the devil site has boxes of regularly so you don't need to worry that if you don't get THIS one you won't get another chance.

Edit: If you want, PM me your address and I'll send you two to try. That way you don't end up with a box of smokes you don't care for.

Sweet_Leaf_PDX
01-04-2014, 12:29 AM
I've tried the Holy Grail and the Knights Templar, and I really enjoyed both of them. Nice flavors with a good dose of pepper and they can be had for very reasonable prices.

Weelok
01-04-2014, 01:11 AM
I found them a bit on the light end of medium with a mostly cedar profile. Nothing particularly exciting but a decent solid cigar. For me it's a good cbid value but I wouldn't run out and pay retail.

dijit
01-04-2014, 06:46 AM
I've had the Lionheart (robusto) and Clermont (corona) and really enjoyed both of them. The devil site usually has a box of either one in weekly rotation. The bidding usually gets up to $80-ish for them which is a fair price IMNSHO. I lucked out on a box of Clermonts before the holidays for $64. In summary: a tasty cigar that the devil site has boxes of regularly so you don't need to worry that if you don't get THIS one you won't get another chance.

Edit: If you want, PM me your address and I'll send you two to try. That way you don't end up with a box of smokes you don't care for.

If I werent honest I would be trying to get in on that try 2 offer. I agree though good smokes on the upper end of the medium body spectrum.

Sadden
01-04-2014, 11:20 AM
Supposed to be too strong for my taste buds so im staying away.

Tio Gato
01-04-2014, 05:13 PM
I've enjoyed every size I've smoked. Great cigar if you buy them from the devil site at the right price. I doubt I'd pay full retail though. Nice complexity and spice. 5'ers can be had cheap if you keep a sharp eye.

Dunkel
01-04-2014, 05:16 PM
I don't care for them at all. AJ has only produced a few cigars I don't like. RP Fusion, Morro Castle and Ava Maria are 3 I'll never smoke again.

Steve
01-04-2014, 05:35 PM
Just get them, if you don't like em' send em' to me and Larry for proper disposal :tu

So, y'all need to fill up an empty humi...:noon

jhedrick83
01-05-2014, 09:00 AM
I found them a bit on the light end of medium with a mostly cedar profile. Nothing particularly exciting but a decent solid cigar. For me it's a good cbid value but I wouldn't run out and pay retail.

I totally agree. I got mine from C-Bid, and honestly found them disappointing. I thought they were lighter and pretty monotone in terms of flavor.

kelmac07
01-05-2014, 10:39 AM
I enjoyed the 5er of Lionhearts (box-press) that I had. Would I seek them out? No. But they were a nice change of pace stick for me. :2

Remo
01-05-2014, 10:41 AM
As you can see, everyone has a different palate, seems that most thought they were decent, give em' a shot. Nothing ventured nothing gained :tu

Dude Here
01-05-2014, 11:12 AM
As you can see, everyone has a different palate, seems that most thought they were decent, give em' a shot. Nothing ventured nothing gained :tu

I took Porch Dweller up on his offer to try a couple. Probably do a review after I get them in. Lost that bid I had on the box of coronas, of course I wasn't really expecting to win them for $30, lol.

ripper
01-05-2014, 12:01 PM
Nabbed a 5-pack of the box-pressed Lionhearts for $19 @ cBid. Surprise, surprise got to agree with Mac. Good break smoke, well-made with nice spice.
But would only bid for more at a lower price. Not a priority smoke.