PDA

View Full Version : Holy Fuentes!

floydpink
12-16-2008, 08:34 PM
My long time friend runs a B&M in the mall by my house and always calls me first when special shipments come in.

My purchases over the last couple years have shrunk as I mostly smoke Cuban cigars now, but I still buy Anejos and Opus to keep around to age and occasionally smoke.

I knew it was good when he said I needed to come in, but was amazed to see Between The Lines, Hemingway Signature maduros, Opus in 6 different sizes, Anejos in 3, including Sharks and Opus tins.

He let me have extras and I put a hurting on my credit card, but have never had access like this to so many hard to find Fuentes at msrp and am thinking the supply must be great this year as he normally never gets BTL's and more than a couple boxes of Opus.

DrDubzz
12-16-2008, 08:39 PM
My long time friend runs a B&M in the mall by my house and always calls me first when special shipments come in.

My purchases over the last couple years have shrunk as I mostly smoke Cuban cigars now, but I still buy Anejos and Opus to keep around to age and occasionally smoke.

I knew it was good when he said I needed to come in, but was amazed to see Between The Lines, Hemingway Signature maduros, Opus in 6 different sizes, Anejos in 3, including Sharks and Opus tins.

He let me have extras and I put a hurting on my credit card, but have never had access like this to so many hard to find Fuentes at msrp and am thinking the supply must be great this year as he normally never gets BTL's and more than a couple boxes of Opus.

my B&M didn't have a lot of anejos, but they have a TON of opus right now. I was shocked when I went in there today. I think they had 20-40 of every size

Sauer Grapes
12-16-2008, 08:40 PM
My local shop got one box of Anejos (between 4 locations) as of this weekend so far. I would think they'd get more, but who knows.

BengalMan
12-16-2008, 08:57 PM
It seems this year Fuente has released A LOT more of their rare holiday stuff (anejo, opus, etc). I talked to some shops that have gotten 2 boxes of Opus A's and a box of BTL the lines in the past 10 years and this year got 3 boxes of A's, a box of BTL and a ton of other Opus sizes. I've seen more Opus in the past few weeks than I have in years.

Bubba - NJ
12-16-2008, 09:27 PM
I bet your buddies shop is payed up on his Fuente account . Just a rumor I heard , if you're payed up you get more .

DrDubzz
12-16-2008, 09:39 PM
It seems this year Fuente has released A LOT more of their rare holiday stuff (anejo, opus, etc). I talked to some shops that have gotten 2 boxes of Opus A's and a box of BTL the lines in the past 10 years and this year got 3 boxes of A's, a box of BTL and a ton of other Opus sizes. I've seen more Opus in the past few weeks than I have in years.

my shop has a TON of the A's in coffins.

he said I could get two at a time if anyone really wants some, I think they're either 30 or 35 a piece... :hn

thetpi825
12-16-2008, 11:41 PM
I was in my B&M today talking about this. Earlier this year when Cynthia was around going to some of the shops around me she was there to promote obviously but also to see if the shop themselves promoted other fuente stuff. So they sent out to the ones around me who promoted there regular stuff and didn't just ask for opus and anejos all the time.

Sr Mike
12-17-2008, 06:25 AM
My B&M informed me that the Fuente's are backed up and late on their Opus production this year. Not sure how true it is, but they have been getting a lot more of the Anejo's than they usually do.

ucla695
12-17-2008, 06:38 AM
Wow, Fuentes at MSRP is a rare thing these days. I would have purchased away too. :tu