PDA

View Full Version : Tambolaka stick tobacco

CoffeeWaterBeer
12-12-2013, 07:12 PM
I'm looking to purchase a bit of this in rope/stick form. Does anyone know of a reputable source? I see TheTNTshoppe has some at a reasonable price but am not familiar with them. Any advice is very much appreciated

MarkinAZ
12-12-2013, 08:46 PM
Seth,

Try here for some background on this leaf:

http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/3857/tambolaka-natural-tobaccos-tambolaka-pipe-tobacco

...and then here for a potential purchase:

http://www.4noggins.com/search.aspx?find=Tambolaka

CoreyD
12-13-2013, 06:11 AM
hmmm this actually looks like a fun baccy. I must ask my uncle to pick me up some next time he's on the island of indo.

CoffeeWaterBeer
12-13-2013, 06:21 AM
It does look pretty interesting doesn't it?

Mark, I saw the 4noggins offering but it appears to be a rubbed out version, not rope. They don't specify either way but if you google image tambolaka, you will notice a cylindrical packaging for the rope form. I may just go with 4noggins anyway as I trust them and forego the unique presentation of rope until I get more info. I'll report back any findings

MarkinAZ
12-13-2013, 09:39 AM
I would think it would be cool as well to have the rope version too, but I'm sure the rubbed-out tobacco will be just fine in the sealed bag from 4Noggins. Just transfer the contents thereafter into an appropriate Mason jar to keep the freshness going forward:tu

Commander Quan
12-16-2013, 04:37 PM
Tambo can't be rubbed out like a normal flake, you have to actually steam and separate the leaves, then cut them into ribbons. It's a PITA if you ask me. If you do get a stick of it make sure you wear gloves when you process it because the nicotine will get absorbed through your skin.

RevSmoke
12-16-2013, 04:52 PM
Tried this stuff, got some already prepared from MJ. I was not impressed. Strong nic hit? I suppose. It wasn't much on the flavor department though. It was full-bodied tobacco, that's what it tasted like, tobacco. There were no nuances of anything that made it interesting in any way.

Of course, that was just my opinion of it.

If you can get some to try, do so. I smoked through about 8 pipes worth and then passed the rest to someone else to try.

I am sure someone out there probably loves this stuff, more power to them. I'll take a couple bowls of Gawith, Hoggarth Louisiana Flake over this stuff any day, but that's just me.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

CoffeeWaterBeer
12-16-2013, 06:46 PM
That's a fair warning Derrick. I don't mind playing with plug but the rope does sound like some work.
Todd, I can see myself doing something similar as your experience. I do want to try this stuff but if it's an N-bomb with little other substance it may get passed forward or cracked open on occasion to share with buddies.

Zanaspus
12-17-2013, 06:15 AM
I have to agree with Rev. Though the nic buzz will send you reeling (if you like that sort of thing) it very much lacks in the flavor department.