PDA

View Full Version : Felix's Cigar Chronicles No 147: The Perfect Winter Cigar

Felixcigar
12-08-2013, 02:57 PM
For those of you in the warmer climates, move along, nothing to see here.

For those of you that either own a snow blower or pay someone to clear your driveway, read on.

Nothing better than a 1.5 to 2 hour smoke out on the back deck, listening to jazz standards and enjoying an adult libation. But when your fingers start to go numb, it detracts from the overall smoking experience.

The perfect winter cigar experience: OK, I'm good for about 45 minutes here in the hills of northern Connecticut during the colder months. My usual libation starts with Jack and ends with Daniels, but when its cold outside, I go for the liquers that seem to go down better: Cherry Heering, Sambucca, etc seem to be the perfect compliment to the perfect cigar. But what cigar: not those fat stogies that take 2 hours (I can almost remember those days in May when nary a thought is given to frost-bitten fingers). We need something that can deliver the full cigar smoking experience, without the misery of frostbite. So we have:
http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k620/PJPictures/IMG_3151_zpsebe7b419.jpg

The Illusione Rothchilde: smoking time about 46 minutes today. Smoking experience: unparalleled.
Shout out to: Rahul Gupta. You may have noticed a post in the deals/sales forum by Rahul for cabinets of Illusione Rothchildes. I contacted Rahul and he shipped me a one of those cabinets. This should hold me for the better part of the early winter. By the way, you can do business with Rahul: he will take care of you.
Stay tuned for the next installment of Felix's cigar chronicles where I will share my experience with my new nuclear powered smoking jacket.

MUNKY
12-08-2013, 05:39 PM
Nice read!

Robulous78
12-08-2013, 08:13 PM
Good review :tu :tu

Heavy_d
12-08-2013, 08:53 PM
:tu Good review!

RWhisenand
12-08-2013, 08:53 PM
I do love that cigar! Good puff, I maintain a few smaller sticks for the winter along with several Rothchildes. Mostly though I do cut back, even with a heated garage!

pnoon
12-08-2013, 09:00 PM
Good review :tu :tu

:tu Good review!

Did I miss something?
Where is the review of the cigar?

Zane
12-08-2013, 09:16 PM
Did I miss something?
Where is the review of the cigar?

At your age I can totally see that. ;). It was a review of his winter smoking experience vs a cigar review.

Heavy_d
12-08-2013, 09:19 PM
Ok. Review may have been wrong choice of word. But, yeah, what Zane said, the winter smoking experience.

pnoon
12-08-2013, 09:20 PM
At your age I can totally see that. ;). It was a review of his winter smoking experience vs a cigar review.

Gotcha.
I may be old but I'm slow.

DirtRider500R
12-08-2013, 10:01 PM
..... listening to jazz standards....

Okay, you have the resident Jazz musician curious. What do you listen to?

I'll also have to check out that stick. It's snowing right now and I can't bear the weather long enough for my usual sticks.

Felixcigar
12-09-2013, 07:13 AM
Well, living in CT, I listen to KCSM from San Mateo CA:
http://kcsm.org/jazz91/
Whatever they play, I listen to. When I don't have that on, I listen
to my son, who plays jazz piano, and is partial to Bud Powell. And when I am not listening to that, its Sinatra.

14holestogie
12-09-2013, 08:02 AM
Gotcha.
I may be old but I'm slow.

Don't forget unattractive....;):)