PDA

View Full Version : Nica Rustica?

Coach Deg
12-04-2013, 07:37 AM
My B&M called me this morning and said they got them in and I can get a bundle of 25 for $142 plus tax. Are they worth it? Is that a good price? I have seen a little cheaper but sold out. Any input from those that have tried them would be appreciated.

bighairlogo
12-04-2013, 07:42 AM
I have not tried them but you can get a bundle of them on CI for 134.95 so its a bit cheaper.

Coach Deg
12-04-2013, 07:43 AM
I have not tried them but you can get a bundle of them on CI for 134.95 so its a bit cheaper.

Last 2 times I tried sold out.

elderboy02
12-04-2013, 08:01 AM
I bought a few the other day. It was just OK.

Beagleone
12-04-2013, 08:25 AM
For the price and size, they are a very good smoke. I've had a number of the pre-release and the regular release and all have been excellent cigars.

maninblack
12-04-2013, 08:48 AM
I was expecting more flavors but for the price they are good. Nothing fancy or mind blowing.

Smoqman
12-04-2013, 11:19 AM
I was expecting more flavors but for the price they are good. Nothing fancy or mind blowing.

Gotta agree here. The first (and only) one I smoked so far was a bit harsh and I like spicy cigars. I got a 5er and will hang onto the other 4 for a couple months or more....

the jiggler
12-04-2013, 11:57 AM
Gotta agree here. The first (and only) one I smoked so far was a bit harsh and I like spicy cigars. I got a 5er and will hang onto the other 4 for a couple months or more....

Yep. I smoked one at the event and it was okay. Second one I smoked, on maybe two weeks rest, was much better. Still not blown away but hoping maybe they keep getting better.

cmitch
12-04-2013, 12:14 PM
Never had one. Won't chase them.

stearns
12-04-2013, 12:16 PM
smoked a pre-release a couple months back, I thought they were alright, but showed signs of potential improvement with age. :2

Islayphile
12-04-2013, 12:23 PM
I bought a few the other day. It was just OK.

Agreed

Smoqman
12-04-2013, 12:24 PM
Yep, I'm thinking age will do a lot. Good smoke, and worth trying for sure.

Don Fernando
12-04-2013, 12:33 PM
I like these a lot

MrClean
12-04-2013, 01:56 PM
That's a good price for a B&M, are they worth it, I think so. A good, solid smoke fresh, like everyone else, I'm hoping some rest will improve them.

Lockspur
12-04-2013, 02:31 PM
Ask MUNKY…he's partaken of the NR.

MUNKY
12-04-2013, 02:36 PM
being one of the resident LIGA whores here, I will say this. I had the original blend and it was like a recess peanut butter cup, ewwy chewy gooey. That being said, they changed the blend a little prior to release and as the ones before me said, its ok not mind blowing or an oh wow cigar. Its a decent $7 stick. Great marketing, great look and appeal, but hopefully the brick i put down will take on some new life in about a year.

Veatorious
12-04-2013, 04:13 PM
I have enjoyed the Nica Rustica and wouldn't hesiate at $5.68 per stick. Smoke a couple and let the rest sit for a bit. I am sure you will be happy with the purchase.

CoffeeWaterBeer
12-04-2013, 05:56 PM
I thought it was pretty good. Tons of smoke output one one I've had

kelmac07
12-04-2013, 06:27 PM
I was completely dissatisfied with the one I had. Chalking it up to a "dud and will see how the other four turn out with a little rest. :2

ninjavanish
12-04-2013, 09:41 PM
I hate to be the humbug of the group... but why the f are you asking other people whether or not you should try a cigar? Everyone's tastes are different. Please, for the love of Zino... try it for yourself and decide if YOU like it.

MUNKY
12-04-2013, 09:57 PM
I hate to be the humbug of the group... but why the f are you asking other people whether or not you should try a cigar? Everyone's tastes are different. Please, for the love of Zino... try it for yourself and decide if YOU like it.

I wouldn't spend 142.50 without some input from others...just sayin

RobR1205
12-04-2013, 10:00 PM

That might be your policy on deciding on whether or not to try a new cigar, but clearly some members value the opinions of others enough to go along with their suggestion or experience. He asked for an opinion, and members shared their experience, not whether he should buy it or not. :2. Coming into an opinion based thread and saying you should try it yourself is kind of pointless if you ask me...that would be like me going into the Maduro Thread and saying "maduros suck" (not that I'd ever say that mind you)

Coach Deg
12-05-2013, 03:45 AM
Wasn't trying to start anything here. Just opinions. Jeremy you are kind of right. I almost never buy a box without smoking at least 1. But these seem to be HTF at the moment because of the Liga hype, I guess. So I wanted to get some opinions. After hearing some I went with a 10pack. But just recently, I bought a box of Jason Tats, without tasting, just because they are so HTF. But before they were even in my Humi, I threw 5 up for sale at my cost to ease the blow. This just seemed cheap enough for a box of 25 that if the concensus was great stick great deal go for it, I probably would have. So in this opinion thread everyone is correct. And thank you all for the input.

bighairlogo
12-05-2013, 04:57 AM
Nothing wrong with asking for opinions on a cigar :tu

elderboy02
12-05-2013, 06:23 AM
Nothing wrong with asking for opinions on a cigar :tu

+1. If no one asked questions, this board wouldn't have as much activity.

ninjavanish
12-05-2013, 06:34 AM
Didnt mean to come off as a jerk. Now i see that is exactly how that post sounded. I guess the better way to have said what i was trying to say is each cigar strikes everyone differently and i get that question asked to me 100 times a day. "Well, whats YOUR favorite cigar? Or do YOU like this one?" My answer is always, whichever one im currently smoking.

I always try to be nice to those around here because so many around here have been so nice to me. I apologize if i offended. I can get my hands on some nicas for you to sample. Shoot me your addy.

RobR1205
12-05-2013, 07:24 AM
Didnt mean to come off as a jerk. Now i see that is exactly how that post sounded.

All good brother! :tu Sorry if I sounded like one, too!

Coach Deg
12-05-2013, 08:03 AM
As I said Jeremy. I was asking for opinions and you gave yours like others gave theirs. I can be pretty blunt and I tell people if you ask for my opinion you might not like it. I took no offense and I hope others didn't either. As someone said, opinions and discussions drive this board to be such a great place.

Thank you for all of your opinions.

MarkinAZ
12-08-2013, 05:37 PM
As I said Jeremy. I was asking for opinions and you gave yours like others gave theirs. I can be pretty blunt and I tell people if you ask for my opinion you might not like it. I took no offense and I hope others didn't either. As someone said, opinions and discussions drive this board to be such a great place.

Thank you for all of your opinions.

...and if you're still looking for the NC Mike, they appear to be available here as a 5er:

http://tobaccogrove.com/index.cfm/nica-rustica (http://tobaccogrove.com/index.cfm/nica-rustica)

Zane
12-08-2013, 05:54 PM
...and if you're still looking for the NC Mike, they appear to be available here as a 5er:

http://tobaccogrove.com/index.cfm/nica-rustica (http://tobaccogrove.com/index.cfm/nica-rustica)

Says it's sold out. ;(

MarkinAZ
12-08-2013, 08:46 PM
Bad website management! They need to "neuter" the purchase icon to reflect "sold out" in the future:2

MarkinAZ
12-09-2013, 05:01 PM
I got an email on these today. Don't know if they be still available, but you can check em out here:

http://www.jackschwartz.com/s.1163/nica-rustica-cigars.aspx

Coach Deg
12-09-2013, 06:24 PM
Thank you Mark. I grabbed some at the B&M. Smoked one thought it was good.

neoflex
12-09-2013, 06:32 PM
I've now had a handful and I just can't get myself to enjoy them. I was really hoping they would be in my wheelhouse but no dice.