PDA

View Full Version : Excuse me while I throw up a little bit....

AdamJoshua
12-03-2013, 07:44 PM
Free-agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury has reached agreement on a seven-year contract with the New York Yankees pending a physical exam, a baseball source told ESPN.com.

According to multiple reports, the deal will pay Ellsbury $153 million over seven years and includes an option for an eighth year that could increase the overall value of the contract to $169 million. Ellsbury's deal exceeds Carl Crawford's seven-year, $142 million contract with the Boston Red Sox in December 2010.

He must be signing and wanting to go to a winning team, obviously has nothing to do with money. :rolleyes:

I actually thought he was headed to Seattle, even that would be better than this. May he follow J. Damon's career path in NY.

markem
12-03-2013, 07:46 PM
He must be signing and wanting to go to a winning team, obviously has nothing to do with money. :rolleyes:

I actually thought he was headed to Seattle, even that would be better than this. May he follow J. Damon's career path in NY.

Jealousy is a wasted emotion.
-- KCannon

kelmac07
12-03-2013, 07:49 PM
Another long term deal that won't pan out. Also guarantees Granderson's exit outta town.

AdamJoshua
12-03-2013, 07:53 PM
Well the Yankees are saying they are still in the hunt for their big players, but I don't see it, I think they are done overspending, hit's gotten them nothing lately, they also might be thinking they can get out of what they owe arod.

All of that aside, the Red Sox have some big time prospects waiting to come up and one of them is going to be their CF of the future, which is the only reason to let Dreamboat go.

Jealousy is a wasted emotion.
-- KCannon

Not jealous at all, I'm more disappointed he would take the money with a team with huge holes to fill over a team on the verge of breaking out, I was actually expecting him to head to Seattle, I figured he was gone, time to bring up the prospect.

icehog3
12-04-2013, 02:01 AM
There goes the repeat.

mahtofire14
12-04-2013, 02:42 AM
The Yankees are the only team dumb enough to pay that much money for a guy that has had one all star caliber year. He is going to be making more than Ortiz and Pedroia combined this year. Guess the Yanks didn't want to improve that pitching staff....

jonumberone
12-04-2013, 05:26 AM
May he follow J. Damon's career path in NY.

I'm with you!
I can't wait for him to win a championship with the Yanks just like Damon did! :noon

As for the comments about the Yankees being done spending, I don't think so.
Their current rotation consists of CC and Ivan Nova. That's it.
There isn't anybody on the roster, that's healthy, that could even compete for one of the final 3 spots. So expect some more moves from them.

While I'm happy to see Adam is nauseated by this ;) , truth be told, I don't like the signing.
I don't have a problem with the player, it's more the contract I don't like. I'd prefer to have Granderson back, for less years and less money.
But you know what? If years 5,6,7 are a complete and total bust, and we don't get anything out of him late, I'll let Hal and Cashman deal with that.
It's not my money. And with the way the Yankee economic machine works, if the deal brings the Yanks around, and puts them back on the road to a possible championship, I don't think either of them will lose a minutes sleep over the backend of the contract.

shilala
12-04-2013, 05:34 AM
The Yanks have the cash to make bad moves if they want.
That said, now that Arod is gone, some bench clearing may be in order to change the attitude in the clubhouse.
Maybe a new skipper, too.
Every time I watched them last year it looked like every ball player in that dugout had a lawn rake up their ass. How could anyone be in such misery playing baseball? I mean, really?

Taki
12-04-2013, 05:38 AM
The Yanks have the cash to make bad moves if they want.
That said, now that Arod is gone, some bench clearing may be in order to change the attitude in the clubhouse.
Maybe a new skipper, too.
Every time I watched them last year it looked like every ball player in that dugout had a lawn rake up their ass. How could anyone be in such misery playing baseball? I mean, really?

Couldn't agree more!

As for the contract....well that's just typical Yankee BS, trying to buy more titles but honestly you cannot blame the player, never blame a player for getting as much cash as they possibly can!

P.S. - I hate the Yankees! :pu

AdamJoshua
12-04-2013, 08:02 AM
Yesterday, because we lost both Els and Salty (Granted one we figured would leave, one we didn't really want back all that much), we were given two number one draft picks (the Marlins and a supplemental first rounder from MLB as the Yankees had already given theirs to Atlanta for McCann.). We have a twenty-two year old replacement in Jackie Bradley, Jr., who will play center field for us for at least the next six years during his prime. Our two best positional prospects are both catchers (although we are ranked second by Baseball America in farm systems because of the amount of pitching depth we have in the minors). The irony is that most baseball fans will react by saying "the rich got richer here," meaning the Yankees, when it is actually the Red Sox, who always draft well, who now have three first round picks in what is perhaps the deepest draft in seven years in 2014, and who come into that draft with an incredibly stocked farm system already.

BigAsh
12-04-2013, 08:32 AM
Yesterday, because we lost both Els and Salty (Granted one we figured would leave, one we didn't really want back all that much), we were given two number one draft picks (the Marlins and a supplemental first rounder from MLB as the Yankees had already given theirs to Atlanta for McCann.). We have a twenty-two year old replacement in Jackie Bradley, Jr., who will play center field for us for at least the next six years during his prime. Our two best positional prospects are both catchers (although we are ranked second by Baseball America in farm systems because of the amount of pitching depth we have in the minors). The irony is that most baseball fans will react by saying "the rich got richer here," meaning the Yankees, when it is actually the Red Sox, who always draft well, who now have three first round picks in what is perhaps the deepest draft in seven years in 2014, and who come into that draft with an incredibly stocked farm system already.

Agreed...but is JB Jr ready for prime time?...thought Salt handeled the staff well...growing pains with a new catcher is inevitable...the ghost of "The Boss" lives on...

icehog3
12-04-2013, 10:25 AM
Who will be the first guy A.J. punches?

Brian D.
12-04-2013, 11:59 AM

One local TV sports guy here referred to him as "The Ellsbury Dough Boy". Caught me off guard and gave me a pretty good laugh.

Bruins Fan
12-04-2013, 02:35 PM
What a great deal for the sox, yanks get burdened with a seven year 20 million a year contract to add to their team of over priced broken down circus ponys...and the sox get one of their draft picks :D

Ells will have two or three years and be done?

Who in their right mind pays that kind of money for a fragile as glass base stealer, must be George from the grave? :)

BigAsh
12-04-2013, 02:42 PM
What a great deal for the sox, yanks get burdened with a seven year 20 million a year contract to add to their team of over priced broken down circus ponys...and the sox get one of their draft picks :D

Ells will have two or three years and be done?

Who in their right mind pays that kind of money for a fragile as glass base stealer, must be George from the grave? :)

Theo a couple years ago with Crawford...we know how that turned out....

AdamJoshua
12-04-2013, 02:46 PM
Theo a couple years ago with Crawford...we know how that turned out....

Theo fvcked the red sox and blew out of town sticking the team with a lot of bad and high dollar contracts, still, STILL amazed Ben C. was able to dump over 1/4 billion dollars off on the Dodgers....thank you Magic!

Right or wrong 'Salty' through poor play was directly involved with the Sox losing two world series games, that and his wanting large dollars were his ticket out of town, hell the games themselves were pretty much his ticket out of town, Ross proved he was just as adept at handling the staff... and the pitchers as well :r

icehog3
12-04-2013, 02:48 PM
Excuse me while I throw up a little bit....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYlDbv7MqE8

icehog3
12-04-2013, 02:50 PM
Excuse me while I throw up a little bit....

Or....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCtqHT6Kimk

AdamJoshua
12-04-2013, 05:33 PM
I refuse to look at those for a variety of reasons. :r

icehog3
12-04-2013, 05:51 PM
I refuse to look at those for a variety of reasons. :r

You will actually get a kick out of them. :)