Wrapper Color: Maduro
Wrapper Origin: Connecticut
Wrapper Leaf Type: Broadleaf

Resting time: 2 months

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/picture.php?albumid=986&pictureid=8284

Prelight: Light cedar, musty wood, hay

1st 1/3
Great draw, tones of smoke off the draw
Dusty chocolate and coffee notes with spice on the pallet, medium sweet pepper, nuttiness all creamy and smooth.
Ash is a medium gray and fell off at about a inch and a half, burning very straight.

2nd 1/3
This a a fine cigar, almost seems like a meal with its meaty flavors that are now getting even more creamy smooth.
I love the spicy notes and the after taste of each draw a lot, sweet, spicy, creamy, earthy all at once
There's just enough pepper to balance out the other notes in a nice complementary manner.

Final 1/3
The draw is still outstanding with a touch of resistance
Chocolate sweetness and the creamy coffee with the nuttiness continue with a slight elevation of the spice and pepper notes but very acceptable.

Overall this cigar was almost perfect, the burn and the draw are excellent to the end.
Now getting a slight nicotine buzz but moderate
The strength and the sweetness of the wrapper are a wonderful combination and at the top of my favorites.

I'd recommend the 7th Reserva more for the seasoned cigar smoker but might be a cigar for the novice looking for something more towards full.
I see myself having some of these as a go-to smoke in the near future

Smoke time: 1 hour 20 min
Score 9.2 out of 10

Weelok
11-30-2013, 03:04 PM
Nice review and sounds like a cigar I'm going to have to hunt down.

MUNKY
11-30-2013, 09:22 PM
Great review, definitely one of my favorites

Smoqman
12-03-2013, 06:38 AM
Well done mate. Makes me want to pull one from the humi and have it for breakfast!