PDA

View Full Version : Donnie Darko

Remo
11-29-2013, 05:47 PM
Working my part time for 10 hours today and just going through Netflix, re-watched Donnie Darko, forgot what a cool movie and soundtrack that was :tu love watching some old school movies!!

Porch Dweller
11-29-2013, 08:55 PM
That's a good flick. I'm not one that needs to have a plot explicitly lain out for me. Even so, the first time I watched it I got to the end and though I'd enjoyed the movie I was like "WTF!!!". To this day I think it fails in some ways to provide good exposition. But its pluses - a good sense of humor, great acting, music that nails the mood, and an escalating sense of foreboding and doom - easily override that.

srduggins
12-03-2013, 04:12 PM
The director's cut includes a lot of deleted scenes that include parts of the book on time travel that explains a lot of what was going on. Well worth watching, it takes the film to a new level.

bruceolee
12-03-2013, 04:19 PM
First time i ever watched it I was blinding drunk so my drunk mind was AMAZED by it. After watching it sober it was still a solid flick. Thats the sign of a good movie. Michael Bay drunk is awesome/Michael Bay sober sucks to an amazing degree