PDA

View Full Version : Be careful. It's going around (a PSA)

cmitch
11-23-2013, 06:34 AM
And it's hell.
We went to the beach back in September. As luck would have it, I woke up with a sore throat the morning we left. I took the last dose of mucinex before we left. When we arrived in Tybee Island later that afternoon, it was back full force. We went to a pharmacy and got more mucinex. After a couple more rounds, I was good to go. About a week after we got back, I just didn't feel right. Would wake up fatigued, hurting between shoulder blades. This went on through October and then the fevers started. Low grade fever in the morning, feel fine until late evening. No cigar I smoked tasted right. just bitter. So, Thursday before last, I'd had enough of this roller coaster. I texted my doc cigar buddy and he got me in. Diagnosis after x rays was a pretty bad case of pneumonia of the walking kind. Two shots later and a round of Levofloxacin and I'm back on the road again. Cigars started tasting right and I thought I was good. Started relapsing Wednesday with the fevers and pain all over again. I felt terrible and left work yesterday. Gonna stay in this weekend and if I'm not better by Monday, back to the doc I go. I've never had pneumonia before so I don't know what to expect here. I do know there seems to be an awful lot of it going around here along with some outbreaks of Legionella Pneumoniae. I know if I'd had this treated earlier, I probably wouldn't be in the shape I'm in now. Don't ignore the symptoms! If you have any of what I described, get it checked out. The sooner the better.

Stevez
11-23-2013, 06:43 AM
Thanks for the PSA and hope you feel much better soon.

Chainsaw13
11-23-2013, 07:09 AM
Thanks for the heads up. Hope you feel better soon.

big_jaygee
11-23-2013, 07:09 AM
hope you get better fast Clayton

Heavy_d
11-23-2013, 07:52 AM
Hope you feel better soon man. Pneumonia's a real b!tch.

CigarNut
11-23-2013, 09:18 AM
Good to hear that you got it all figured out and that you are on the mend.

Porch Dweller
11-23-2013, 09:42 AM
Pneumonia's no joke. Get better, man!

icehog3
11-23-2013, 10:12 AM
Been there a few times, Clayton, even landed in a hospital bed twice. Get it taken care of right, Brother.