PDA

View Full Version : Med-board questoin

cjhalbrooks
11-21-2013, 11:20 AM
Okay guys i have a question for anyone that can help. I am starting my Med-Board for my knees. Has anyone gone through this recently or has solid advice for me. They have moved up the time length to 6-7 months. I am kind of freaking out and need someone who can help. Thanks guys

Devanmc
11-21-2013, 11:31 AM
I got med-boarded in 2011 for my hip. what exactly do you want to know?

Key thing to do is read over everything before you sign it and if you can have a non-military lawyer look it over too.

cjhalbrooks
11-21-2013, 01:13 PM
One of my questions is can i get paid by the VA and the Army at the same time when i get out.

Question 2- Should i take the allotment or monthly payments

Devanmc
11-21-2013, 03:07 PM
One of my questions is can i get paid by the VA and the Army at the same time when i get out.

Question 2- Should i take the allotment or monthly payments

1- Yes, the pay is separate. Your army pay is more a seperation/severance pay, the VA is disability.

2, I took the lump sum. That part is up to you, it really still gets taxed the same. There is still a payment schedule for the lump sum.

Devanmc
11-21-2013, 05:30 PM
Though I guess It would be different if you are going to be 30%+ and retired out. but I think it is still the same. Just no lump sum, you get monthly. I think. I wasnt in for a very long time, so it might be different, if you were in for a long time. What i am trying to get across is that I am not sure over 30%. I got 10%, though it should have been 20%, not that it would have changed my benefits.