PDA

View Full Version : Another Goofy Idea

pnoon
11-12-2013, 01:24 PM
Really?

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/11/12/beer-infused-cigars-make-dreams-come-true/?intcmp=features

Gimmicky $hit like this cheapens the overall image of our hobby/obsession. :2

Blak Smyth
11-12-2013, 01:30 PM
Yah you are waiting for the Tatuaje IPA Peter!

stearns
11-12-2013, 01:34 PM
Ted's probably makes multiple boat loads of money (this, hopz, duck dynasty, grand marnier, makers mark, etc. at $13/per), but I agree with you Peter, I hate them. Back when I worked at the cigar shop my old boss made me smoke a Grand Marnier one, and it tasted like vodka and orange-flavored puke (I have no idea how they pulled that one off).

I've seen the hopz sold at beer festivals and it was sad. Too many people saying "well, I rarely smokes cigars, but since they're here and I like beer I should probably buy one." My girlfriend offered to buy me one of them, I told her I'd much rather smoke nothing. I guess everybody's gotta make their dollar, but this is a bit rediculous.

/rant

icehog3
11-12-2013, 01:40 PM
The vast majority of folks have no use for our hobby/obsession anyway, so **** them all. :2 :r

Genetic Defect
11-12-2013, 01:41 PM
I rather have this (NSFW? Cussing)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jHi-8Ykx-8

stearns
11-12-2013, 01:43 PM
The vast majority of folks have no use for our hobby/obsession anyway, so **** them all. :2 :r

I retract my rant, and endorse Tom's view instead :tu

Heavy_d
11-12-2013, 01:49 PM

:tpd:

dave
11-12-2013, 01:50 PM
Is the outrage over this: "Utopia brew, a non-carbonated beverage with vanilla and maple flavors"? Or this: "At $199 a bottle"...?

Or the infused cigars? But, they "make dreams come true"!!!!

CigarNut
11-12-2013, 01:51 PM
Really?

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/11/12/beer-infused-cigars-make-dreams-come-true/?intcmp=features

Gimmicky $hit like this cheapens the overall image of our hobby/obsession. :2

As long as people buy this stuff people will continue to make it. Not in my wheelhouse but there are clearly some (few) who like them -- enough for Ted to make a profit...

czerbe
11-12-2013, 02:00 PM
Ehhh I don't have a problem with it.. I don't really mind what people think of my hobby its mine so Eff them... if people out there enjoy these let them have them personally they are not for me but I don't look at this as a black eye on our Love and hobby. Just my opinion.

Remo
11-12-2013, 02:06 PM
Figured it would be a $50 Gurkha! :r

CoffeeWaterBeer
11-12-2013, 02:46 PM
Ehhh I don't have a problem with it.. I don't really mind what people think of my hobby its mine so Eff them... if people out there enjoy these let them have them personally they are not for me but I don't look at this as a black eye on our Love and hobby. Just my opinion.

I fall into this mindset as well. Same as beer, there are great brews as well as chili pepper infused piss. Smoke what you like and like what you smoke right?

AdamJoshua
11-12-2013, 02:51 PM
“Aficionados of both cigars and beer know that subtle flavors and delicate touches can elevate the drinking or smoking experience tenfold,” announced Ted Jackson, president of Ted’s Cigars. “It’s exciting for us to work with such an innovative brewery to create these one-of-a-kind cigars.”

Does Richard Taster know about this?

Edit: Ooops my bad, Hacker not Taster :D