PDA

View Full Version : Cabaiguan Guapos Maduro

RevSmoke
11-06-2013, 11:04 AM
Hey, I haven't seen much discussion of this particular cigar in a long while. Has it fallen out of favor?

For those who have some, how have they aged?

Were/are there problems with more recent versions of these?

Or did people just move on to other things?

Just curious about why we do not hear much about these anymore.

maninblack
11-06-2013, 02:04 PM
Nice ash cigars has boxes of them for sale at 101 a box. The 5x54 size. Just a heads up.

RevSmoke
11-06-2013, 02:16 PM
Hey, I haven't seen much discussion of this particular cigar in a long while. Has it fallen out of favor?

For those who have some, how have they aged?

Were/are there problems with more recent versions of these?

Or did people just move on to other things?

Just curious about why we do not hear much about these anymore.

Nice ash cigars has boxes of them for sale at 101 a box. The 5x54 size. Just a heads up.

Thanks for the information. Problem with that though, it doesn't answer any of my questions. :)

Peace of the Lord be with you.

czerbe
11-06-2013, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the information. Problem with that though, it doesn't answer any of my questions. :)

Oh Snap :sl

maninblack
11-06-2013, 04:02 PM
Just trying to help out. I see where that goes with some people. I personally liked these. Underrated cigar in my opinion. The reason they probably aren't talked about is because there is a glutton of new releases out there. Carry on

Remo
11-06-2013, 04:05 PM

That's a good price, thanks MIB!

maninblack
11-06-2013, 04:11 PM
Glad I could help Mike!

Savvy
11-06-2013, 04:27 PM
I just tried one of these last week. Had a regular Guapo too the week before. As far as my experience with both went, I think the regular is just a far better cigar. The maduro wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. Maybe after some age they'd be good though? I'd be interested in hearing thoughts if anyone has let one sit in a humi for awhile.

Porch Dweller
11-07-2013, 05:40 AM
I had one for the first time last week and thoroughly enjoyed it so I too am curious if anyone has tucked some away for aging. The next time I'm at my B&M I'll be picking up more.

srduggins
11-07-2013, 01:56 PM
I've never been a fan of the maduro, but loved the OR Guapos. I smoked one of the OR a year or two ago (about 4 years old?) and it was better than ever, a really remarkable cigar. I bought a few more current release after that last OR I smoked and they've been really good, but not quite as remarkable as that OR. I'm hoping with some age, they'll really shine. I've got one OR left. Let me smoke it and I'll let you know.

RevSmoke
11-10-2013, 04:06 PM
Just trying to help out. I see where that goes with some people. I personally liked these. Underrated cigar in my opinion. The reason they probably aren't talked about is because there is a glutton of new releases out there. Carry on

Sorry Kevin, that was a rude response on my part. Yeah, I saw the sale - which is why I asked the question. I had heard that the maduro was not as good as regular line. I also heard that they had fallen off in quality from the original release and the close subsequent years, and had not been "great" in the last 2 or 3 years.

Todd

CigarInspector
11-12-2013, 08:28 AM
I will try to answer your questions.

The Cabaiguan Guapos Maduro cigars I bought have aged very nicely over the last year. The flavor has evened out a little over the course of the year. The first one I smoked had zero time in the humidor and burned a little unevenly, but obviously, that was my fault. All the other times I smoked the cigars, they were flawless.

I have sampled a single cigar from a newer batch at a friend's home a few days ago. There was a very slight difference in taste, but I would expect that. The cigar wrapper was just as high of quality. It smoked perfectly with a good rich flavor end-to-end.

I suspect you do not hear as much about them now because they have been around for a while. People tend to review cigars others have not already reviewed.

As far as the "moving on", I am constantly moving on and trying new cigars. I still have some Cabaiguan Guapos Maduro sticks in the humidor, and will probably buy more in the future, but I do not intend to make them my main choice.