PDA

View Full Version : doofus

ripper
10-04-2013, 03:15 PM
Celebrated the Pirates and Gerrit Cole's stirring victory with a Diesel Unlimited d.5 robusto. A glorious day for Buccos everywhere.
Then I noticed the tip flaking in flaming shreds. And realized in my addled state that I had left on the tip ring and lit it. What a doofus.
Am sure I could unravel some cigar aficionado term to describe the glowing paper taste. It was a wonderful smoke. Now firing a trusty JdN Antano Dark Corojo El Martillo, my daily fave, and made sure I removed the rings.
Any of yinz pull a genius move like this?

RobR1205
10-04-2013, 03:22 PM
I've smoked past the ring before when I wasn't paying attention. Lovely flavor when that happens.

icehog3
10-04-2013, 04:30 PM
Pitch dark on a friend's deck, and incredibly inebriated, I tried to light a vintage RyJ for 10 minutes....until my friend pointed out that I hadn't removed the cedar sleeve from the cigar.

kelmac07
10-04-2013, 04:46 PM
Overly excited with the Bucs win Bart!! :r :r :r

jjirons69
10-04-2013, 08:21 PM
Smoked most of the way through an LGC #1 band while driving one night. It smoked beautifully until the end and I couldn't keep it lit. D'uh!

Took 25 years, Bart, but who's counting.

DaBear
10-04-2013, 08:57 PM
Well at least you didnt try to smoke it through the lit end. Just did that again yesterday

Porch Dweller
10-04-2013, 09:00 PM
During a late-night poker game where the whiskey was flowing freely I spent about three minutes trying to light an Oliva but the draw was extremely rough. Then I remembered to clip the cap. :)

Bleez
10-07-2013, 05:51 PM
Well at least you didnt try to smoke it through the lit end. Just did that again yesterday

Burned my tongue a few nights ago doing this on a Mi Amor. The rest tasted a bit like charred tongue and blood. :gary

Dunkel
10-16-2013, 02:47 AM
I've never done this, but my friend once lit and smoked an inch of a RP Olde World Reserve before realizing that he forgot to remove the big paper tobacco colored foot band. We were smoking in the dark on a deck one night. He commented several times that "this cigar tastes like s#!t!" before going to the light and berrating himself for the mistake. I being a good friend have never let him live it down. LOL