PDA

View Full Version : iMessage issues

AdamJoshua
10-01-2013, 08:51 AM
Since we don't have a tech forum I thought I'd post this here, hopefully that is ok.

I have had this issue with iMessage and I know a couple of people here have had it as well, I saw this this morning and thought I would pass it along, seems to have worked for me.

Simply reboot your phone, turn it off by holding down power until it shuts down, then turn it back on. If that doesn't work (which it should) there are the steps below.

A number of Apple's Support Communities users have reported an apparent iMessage bug that is causing messages to go unsent, unreceived or sent as a text on a variety of iPhones models running iOS 7. Others complain that iMessages are not being converted to SMS texts, as would be the case if Apple's servers were down, and are simply not being sent.

Some threads date back to Sept. 18, when Apple released the latest iOS to the public, though posts regarding the perceived issue have become increasingly frequent since the most recent iOS 7.0.2 update went live last week.

Support Communities forum members may have discovered a solution, however. Users are finding success with the following procedure: disable iMessage in Settings -> Messages, reset the iPhone's Network Settings under Settings -> General -> Reset, then reenable iMessage.

Blak Smyth
10-01-2013, 09:13 AM
That is my IT person's method to fix all problems...