PDA

View Full Version : Nording Pipe

Generalissimo
09-25-2013, 12:18 PM
I joined this forum couple years ago, but was suddenly struck by a severe attack of penury and stopped contributing to many things. At the time I joined I promised to put up pictures of some of my pipes, so I am starting with this Nording pipe. This is by far my most expensive pipe, and with the costs of pipe tobacco in Canada now, I only take it out for special occasions.

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx153/FPWriter/nording1_zpsd3ce85b7.jpg

I bought this at JB Hayes in Virginia in 1996, when I was still employed. I like the slightly lopsided appearance of the bowl, which results from the original shape of the burl. The bowl is quite small, so this is a "quick smoke". This pipe fits really well in my hand and the curve of the bowl is perfect for my thumb. The bit is acrylic, not hard rubber and the connector between the bit and the shank is made of animal bone of some sort.

OnePyroTec
11-08-2013, 09:08 PM
I love the bone shank extension look. I have two pipes with bone extensions myself. :tu

MarkinAZ
11-08-2013, 09:35 PM
That's a classy looking pipe Simon, and we hope to see more of you around here in the pipe section too.

The bone ext is a nice bridge between the stem and the shank. Besides using metal such as silver or shotshell, I wonder if stone, such as Turquoise etc is ever used for extension pieces?

BamBam
12-04-2013, 06:36 PM
I have always liked Nording pipes... And this one is no exception. Great looking pipe there sir.

Islayphile
12-04-2013, 08:44 PM
Nice looking Nording, I love the bone too

:tu

Conch Republican
12-18-2013, 07:04 PM
Me too! Bought an "unfinished" Nording last year...love the feel of it

Generalissimo
12-26-2013, 12:27 PM
Thank you all. Yes I like the bone piece too. This particular pipe has a particularly nice feel in the hand. I derive pleasure from the tactile sensation of the rough bowl.