PDA

View Full Version : Damn fool thing to do...

badbriar
09-15-2013, 12:25 AM
A local B & M had a sale on Rocky Patel cigars, so I caved and decided to pick-up several goodies along with some Edge Maduros. Now, the Edge Maduro was my hands down favorite stick for years, Until I noticed a definite change in every aspect of that cigar. Decided they had become dog rockets and vowed no more. Well, stupidly, I thought that maybe, just maybe my old fav's had returned to their former deliciousness and bought some. Long story short, they are still dog rockets! Tight draw, terrible burn, little flavor. I'll be giving the rest away.
I'd bet that RP is outsourcing those sticks, or have changed the original blend. Even a cigar shop owner friend says they are really poor cigars now and won't sell them because of that.
PO'd that I made that bad move - could have had a couple of honestly good sticks instead. Oh well, at least I still have some nice dark vintage 1990's.
RR

pkny1
09-15-2013, 12:38 AM
hmm.. sounds like people who like to buy Jaguar automobiles...

Coach Deg
09-15-2013, 06:39 AM
I smoked one aged for 6yrs ago a few weeks ago. It was so good. But I can't touch his new stuff.

Porch Dweller
09-15-2013, 06:52 AM
I had the same experience with the Edge. Loved it a few years back. Had one back in April and the only thing it had in common with the "old" Edge was the name.

Cincymike
09-15-2013, 08:30 AM
Rocky has been notorious for this for years which is why I NEVER buy any of their smokes.

badbriar
09-15-2013, 09:13 AM
Rocky has been notorious for this for years which is why I NEVER buy any of their smokes.

Brother, I hear you loud and clear! Count me as a new member of the RP sucks - never will buy again - gang. Real shame because the Edge Maduro really was exceptionally good when it first came out. You can tell that RP must be just taking the money and running with all the new daily offerings they are coming out with. Interesting that most of the new ones don't sell we'll and are uber cheap. Can we say dog-rockets? :gary
RR

kelmac07
09-15-2013, 09:20 AM
Sorry to hear Rob. I've not given any money to RP in a long, long time.

cjhalbrooks
09-15-2013, 09:23 AM

X2

Zane
09-15-2013, 11:09 AM

X3

Stevez
09-15-2013, 11:33 AM
Damn, I thought it was just me. I used to love those things and the last several times I've tried them, they suck. Thought I just hit a bad batch or two. Anyway, I won't touch them either. What a shame, but there are plenty out there that I love. Steve

icehog3
09-15-2013, 03:21 PM
They're oogy.

maninblack
09-15-2013, 05:30 PM
Rocky's cigars rank up there with Gurkhas to me.

pnoon
09-15-2013, 05:35 PM
Rocky's cigars rank down there with Gurkhas to me.

Fixed
;)

dvickery
09-15-2013, 06:30 PM
Long story short, they are still dog rockets! Tight draw, terrible burn, little flavor. I'll be giving the rest away.

so...am I the only one here that considers this (somewhat) suspect behaviour for a "brother"???

derrek

pnoon
09-15-2013, 07:04 PM
so...am I the only one here that considers this (somewhat) suspect behaviour for a "brother"???

derrek

No