PDA

View Full Version : La Aurora 2003 Gran Reserva corojo preferido

ikkaariainen
09-14-2013, 04:22 PM
Beautiful cigar, well constructed with tight packing and a very reasonable draw, beautiful almost flawless milk chocolate color wrapper, surprisingly full bodied - this cigar has given up very little oomph to aging and I suspect still has a very long humidor life left. Extremely well balanced, no off notes detected anywhere, a little bit of a slow start but very soon established earthy tones of tilled earth / terroir, coffee, leather and mocha with some mushroomy almost musty undertones. No real detectable spice or pepper anywhere and this may be the age of the cigar coming through. A little sour at one point until I realized it was being impacted by the brined olives I was enjoying. Burned a little hotter then expected at the taper at the end. Overall just an excellent smoke, definitely a worthy high end limited production contender for some medium to long term humidor space especially if you appreciate a full bodied earthy smoking experience. Expensive but worth the $ for what it is. Definitely NOT an every day smoker. Leisurely burn time ~ 1 hour. Definitely recommend this.

pnoon
09-14-2013, 04:41 PM
Welcome to Cigar Asylum.

ikkaariainen
09-14-2013, 07:46 PM
Thank you - glad to have found the site / forums...