PDA

View Full Version : Vegas cigar shop recommendations?

rhicks94
09-08-2013, 09:31 PM
Hey everyone. I'm getting ready to head out to Las Vegas in the next few weeks. I got a culinary internship at The Cosmopolitan hotel, and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a few good shops in town.

CigarNut
09-08-2013, 10:16 PM
Casa Fuente (nice but expensive cigars and a very nice lounge) in the Ceasars Shopping area.

Pheasant Cigars (http://www.pheasantcigars.com/PHEASANT2.0BLOG/)

FelonyRuckus
09-09-2013, 03:16 PM
15 mins west of the strip...Man Cave. Their house cigar is very good.

Tio Gato
09-10-2013, 01:13 PM
I enjoyed Las Vegas Cigar Company http://www.lvcigar.com

Small place where you can watch cigars being rolled. Friendly people always a plus. Good cigars that have excellent construction. I've smoked some that I had for 12 years and they were still good. They're not Casa Fuentes but there not bad.

Have fun and be safe. Culinary internship? I'm jealous.:tu:tu:tu

rhetorik
09-10-2013, 03:15 PM
Casa Fuente is a must, but the only thing you should buy is their house blend, in a Lancero. They limit you to 2 a day.

ysr_racer
09-15-2013, 09:32 PM
I'm not impressed with Casa Fuente, sorry. It was hot, crowded, and WAY over priced. I think there are a few shops in LV that roll their own, and I've heard good things about them.

Havana maybe?

Pheasant Cigar was nice, but a little dated (no booze)

shopkins82
09-18-2013, 09:15 AM
I had a mixed experience at Casa Fuente. My friend and I were forced into a corner table on the patio even when we were one of only 3 parties there and were told it was because they were "expecting a busy day" which did not pan out the 1.5 hours we were there. That said, the French Press was excellent (the small is enough for 4 cups, the large is about 8 cups), the non-house sticks weren't nearly as overpriced as I had expected ($9 for a Hemingway Best Seller Maduro), and they didn't mind us smoking our own since we'd ordered coffee.

What was a MAJOR letdown was the Rhumbar at The Mirage. We went on a Saturday night and is was MUCH more a nightclub that allowed cigars than a cigar bar. The music was WAY too loud (and I'm barely out of my 20s) and the dress code WAY too strict for Vegas (no shorts OUTDOORS in JULY? Even with collard button-downs? Seriously?). Maybe it's a bit more low-key during the day or during the week, but on a Saturday night it's just a nightclub that allows cigar smoking.

We were really looking forward to trying out some of the house-rolled sticks at En Fuego / Don Yeyo on W. Sahara, but we ran out of time thanks to a long dinner at Top of the World.

CigarNut
09-18-2013, 10:17 AM
Our group did not run into the dress code issue you had at Rhumbar -- most of us were wearing shorts and t-shirts on a Saturday (it was a warm February day).

As you noted it can be very loud.

CigarInspector
09-18-2013, 12:28 PM
You May also want to try:

Andre’s Cigar and Cognac Lounge at the Monte Carlo

and

Vato Cigars on Fremont St. in Binion's

MUNKY
09-25-2013, 03:02 PM
I heard Spearmint Rhino has a great selection as well!

rhicks94
09-28-2013, 03:29 PM
Unfortunately, I'm only 19 so I couldn't go into Casa Fuente. So I think that the lounges are out of the running for me for now.

Ashcan Bill
09-29-2013, 12:38 PM
I heard Spearmint Rhino has a great selection as well!

They do. But they're talking cigars here.

:lr :D :lr

MUNKY
09-29-2013, 07:20 PM
Oops!