PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have a "cigar bequest?"

kansashat
09-04-2013, 11:28 PM
Anyone else here have a note in their humidors, or an understanding, willing their cigars to a friend or family member?

Anyone can go at any time...right? I used to have a much larger collection, but my cigar stash has shrunk to a few bundles, boxes & fivers. My wife wouldn't know what to do with them if I were to pass suddenly, so I put a note in a humidor telling her who to give them to.

I have wondered if I might be overstepping my bounds by giving a small asset away that should go to my wife. Who knows? She might wish to smoke a celebratory cigar! LOL

Has anyone else here done anything like this?

pnoon
09-04-2013, 11:48 PM
I've made provisions for my modest "collection".

Dunkel
09-05-2013, 01:15 AM
I actually have my cigars and cigar accessories in my will. While it doesn't seem like a big deal to most folks, the friend I willed them to will be very happy.

kelmac07
09-05-2013, 04:46 AM
My friends claim to be part of the "grieving widows club" and have volunteered to take care of my stash. :r :r

Porch Dweller
09-05-2013, 05:33 AM
No, but now you've got me thinking about it.

qwerty1500
09-05-2013, 05:36 AM
Other than whatever regular stash I might leave behind, I have alerted someone about where to find my special collection. I have saved one cigar from every box of cigars ... each cigar is labeled and includes its box code ... already filled one and now well into filling a second desktop humi. Unless I decide to smoke them during retirement ... with any luck, I'll be leaving behind a nice collection with a lot of 30-40 year aged cigars.

Remo
09-05-2013, 05:52 AM
I figure my small stash will get smoked by my buddies while they celebrate my Awesomeness :banger

czerbe
09-05-2013, 06:46 AM
My Brother will get all my cigars, and guns for that matter, but I don't plan on kicking the bucket until I smoke them all anyway so he may just get a bunch of bands, and some empty brass!

mosesbotbol
09-05-2013, 06:51 AM
I'd want my family to sell them off and use the money for something else. Let my friends have first dibs and then the auction starts...

CoffeeWaterBeer
09-05-2013, 07:13 AM
Other than whatever regular stash I might leave behind, I have alerted someone about where to find my special collection. I have saved one cigar from every box of cigars ... each cigar is labeled and includes its box code ... already filled one and now well into filling a second desktop humi. Unless I decide to smoke them during retirement ... with any luck, I'll be leaving behind a nice collection with a lot of 30-40 year aged cigars.

That's a damn fine idea qwerty, I'm going to start doing that.

MajorCaptSilly
09-05-2013, 07:17 AM
My son gets mine. It's a verbal agreement.

MCS

cjhalbrooks
09-05-2013, 07:21 AM
My brother gets 1/2 them, I have a box of cigars that will go to my son, as i will miss his 18th birthday and the last 1/2 goes to a nonprofit org for the military.

Ashcan Bill
09-05-2013, 09:00 AM
I've thought about it from time to time, but haven't made any actual provisions yet. Still not sure how I'm going to deal with it. :confused:

czerbe
09-05-2013, 09:05 AM
I've thought about it from time to time, but haven't made any actual provisions yet. Still not sure how I'm going to deal with it. :confused:

Just don't die.... problem solved!

CigarNut
09-05-2013, 09:14 AM
My son gets mine. It's a verbal agreement.

MCS

Same for me.

Ashcan Bill
09-05-2013, 09:41 AM
Just don't die.... problem solved!

:tu

MUNKY
09-05-2013, 09:46 AM
My son and my cat get em all!

markem
09-05-2013, 10:00 AM
I have two preparations. I have a list of friends who are to be contacted to maintain the humidors and a provision for what cigars I want at the party celebrating the end of what I hope was a moderately successful life.

I have yet to make provisions for the humidors and main body of sticks, but am likely to have them sold through c-gars ltd in the UK if they are still around. There may be a few specific bequests because there are likely to be some S/BOTLs that I haven't bombed yet.

Or make Huy come get them in a rickshaw. I've seen him, he's pretty good with one of those. :tu

shilala
09-05-2013, 10:33 AM
I don't have a bequest.
I don't care who gets them, I'm not gonna need them. I figure I'll go long before Weeze, so they'd naturally be hers, and she'd give them away which is what I do anyways.

Shadow
09-05-2013, 11:05 AM
Don't have to worry about this since my wife and both my son and daughter smoke cigars.

But I made my deal with the devil a long time ago, I can't die until I smoke all of my cigars. That's why I keep buying, I'm going to live forever! :D:D:D :ss

Cincymike
09-05-2013, 11:21 AM
I never keep more than a handful around anymore since I buy them as I need them. I really don't care what happens to them, as it would be just one more thing for my wife to deal with. She would probably keep them until they turned to dust.

When it all comes down to it, they're nothing more than rolled-up tobacco leaves; but I still love 'em.:D

AdamJoshua
09-05-2013, 11:24 AM
I don't have a bequest.
I don't care who gets them, I'm not gonna need them. I figure I'll go long before Weeze, so they'd naturally be hers, and she'd give them away which is what I do anyways.

dad! :R

I only have one friend that smokes, some will go to him, the rest will most likely split between the troops and the S.H.I.T. herfers (whatever the group is at that point in time) so they can just show up and smoke.

Tio Gato
09-05-2013, 04:07 PM
My nephew gets all of them except for the box my wife promised to put in my casket. (Next to the 6 pack).

galaga
09-05-2013, 05:35 PM
To answer your question - No.

Long time no see bozo, how've you been doing? Good to see you back among the crazies. :tu

icehog3
09-05-2013, 06:21 PM
My wish is that my family find a smoke-friendly place, bring my best boxes, and lay my corpse out for a smoking Irish wake.

Heavy_d
09-05-2013, 08:23 PM
My wish is that my family find a smoke-friendly place, bring my best boxes, and lay my corpse out for a smoking Irish wake.

This, only with beer too!

yourchoice
09-05-2013, 09:26 PM

They must find a place where they can lay your corpse on a pool table, and sing "The Body of an American" by The Pogues!

yourchoice
09-05-2013, 09:59 PM
For reference... http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JVznnoptsmM&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DJVznnoptsmM

icehog3
09-05-2013, 11:15 PM
They must find a place where they can lay your corpse on a pool table, and sing "The Body of an American" by The Pogues!

That works! And Guinness for everyone....there will be no Bud Light at my Irish wake. :r

pektel
09-05-2013, 11:34 PM
Thought about this. The only thing I've done is make sure my family knows about this place.

Regrettably, I've never met another member of CA (or any other forum/facebook group of which I'm a member). Never been to a herf. One of the challenges of living in BFE, but I do enjoy my privacy.

I figure my brother will probably get the collection. Though he's not really into cigars. Smokes cigarettes like its nobody's business. If either of my kids grow up to be cigar smokers, they'll get em. But my oldest is 6, and 12 more years is a long ways away to be making predictions.

But like Scott, I give away more cigars than I smoke. I just hope I smoke the last cigar I possess at the end of my life.

icehog3
09-05-2013, 11:42 PM
Sure be nice to have you at one of our Herfs, Peter.

pektel
09-06-2013, 12:56 AM
And I'd sure like to make it to one, Tom. One of these years...

Subvet642
09-06-2013, 05:23 AM
My nephew gets all of them except for the box my wife promised to put in my casket. (Next to the 6 pack).

I'm taking all of mine with me. Just in case. My wife says there will be plenty of flame to light 'em where I'm going. :r

Subvet642
09-06-2013, 05:29 AM

You're not Irish, are you. :al

Dukeuni
09-06-2013, 09:05 AM
I really have not thought about it before. My wife knows that my collection is valuable, but I really have not left any guidance. I should leave a note asking that the cigars be kept-up (add distilled water to beads, and check every few months), and then give to my son when he is 18, if he likes cigars (he is not even born yet). I would also have to leave a Option 2- hand out to cigar friends, or send to the troops.

BHalbrooks
09-07-2013, 08:23 AM
I told my Wife, anyone that wants my **** that she doesn't want can have it. Same goes with Cigars. My Wife would probably keep everything, however.

RHNewfie
09-07-2013, 08:52 AM

Smoked whole hog!!

icehog3
09-07-2013, 09:15 AM
I told my Wife, anyone that wants my **** that she doesn't want can have it. Same goes with Cigars. My Wife would probably keep everything, however.

Hmm, a widow with cigars.....mind if I look her up?

I keed, I keed! :D

BlackDog
09-07-2013, 11:08 AM
Probably to my son, who is 17 and has expressed interest in cigars. If not, then my BIL, who smokes more than I do.

gorob23
09-07-2013, 01:02 PM

Long time no see bozo, how've you been doing? Good to see you back among the crazies.

Your kidding, I thought I was the guy :D

Told "Yes Dear' make 1 phone call and it will get handled :tu Sorry Jose your not the call :D

Rob

Ok little jack here

RICKY HOW ARE YOU :sh Stop sending Peter to see us without You coming also ;s

gorob23
09-07-2013, 01:05 PM
That works! And Guinness for everyone....there will be no Bud Light at my Irish wake. :r

:sl Wait a Fing Minute I thought we were to sing "Chelsea's Dagger"

Rob :sh

BHalbrooks
09-07-2013, 01:28 PM
Hmm, a widow with cigars.....mind if I look her up?

I keed, I keed! :D

:lr

Commander Quan
09-07-2013, 07:36 PM
I'm pretty sure my wife is going to bury me in a PODS storage container will all my stuff so she doesn't have to deal with it.

jjirons69
09-08-2013, 07:25 PM
I'm with Scott, I'll be gone and won't need them any longer. I'm sure my bride will find the appropriate guys to give them to.

kansashat
09-10-2013, 12:15 PM

Long time no see bozo, how've you been doing? Good to see you back among the crazies. :tu

I was looking around for someone called bozo & finally realized you were talking to me. LOL

I've been well. Good to see you too you old f--t. I note that you do not list your 1st name...am I to keep it secret?

pnoon
09-10-2013, 12:16 PM
I was looking around for someone called bozo & finally realized you were talking to me. LOL

I've been well. Good to see you too you old f--t. I note that you do not list your 1st name...am I to keep it secret?

He's known by his "friends" as Slappy. :D

kansashat
09-10-2013, 12:20 PM

Will they use the Guinness to marinate before smoking you Tom? It sounds delicious...are the Irish fond of hickory, or do they use a different hardwood?

kansashat
09-10-2013, 12:23 PM
He's known by his "friends" as Slappy. :D

I'm not sure I want to know the origins of that nickname...perhaps his skills shall come in handy at Tom's funeral, as they will need someone to tenderize the corpse. (snicker)

pnoon
09-10-2013, 12:23 PM
I'm not sure I want to know the origins of that nickname. LOL

Had any banancreampie lately?

kansashat
09-10-2013, 12:29 PM
Had any banancreampie lately?

No, & I'm not happy about it. :td

Zane
09-10-2013, 12:40 PM
I haven't thought about this for myself but I have claimed Mickey's (iratebass) stash once he kicks the bucket. I am looking for him to do so any day now!

;)

icehog3
09-10-2013, 02:12 PM
Will they use the Guinness to marinate before smoking you Tom? It sounds delicious...are the Irish fond of hickory, or do they use a different hardwood?

It beats a "dry rub", Alan. ;) :lr

galaga
09-10-2013, 03:23 PM

You may be old but at least you're slow.......:D

You can call me rick, but don't ask Pete about the name slappy, as he probably would have trouble remembering the story and would ramble on for hours.

I used to have LeafHog's phone # and call him once and a while, but when I upgraded from my party line, I lost some phone numbers. Hear from him ever?

I don't worry about leaving my cigars when I go; I know eventually I will start smoking faster than I buy

kansashat
09-10-2013, 09:52 PM
You may be old but at least you're slow.......:D

You can call me rick, but don't ask Pete about the name slappy, as he probably would have trouble remembering the story and would ramble on for hours.

I used to have LeafHog's phone # and call him once and a while, but when I upgraded from my party line, I lost some phone numbers. Hear from him ever?

I don't worry about leaving my cigars when I go; I know eventually I will start smoking faster than I buy

I talk to LeafHog pretty much every week. He is the beneficiary of my humidors, although he does not know this & please don't tell him as I do not wish to spoil the surprise, or ambush, whatever the perspective. :D

I will PM his cell # to you.

I find the whole "smoking faster than you buy" idea intriguing...it would entail smoking OP's would it not? Unfortunately, most hand-offs from my friends would probably taste like a fart boiled in a shoe, but then again, like Imhotep, I have the palate of a billy goat anywho.

kansashat
09-10-2013, 09:56 PM
It beats a "dry rub", Alan. ;) :lr

Now, that's funny...LOL

Smokin0808
09-10-2013, 11:28 PM

I'm taking them with me.

Seriously though, I like this idea.

Chico57
09-14-2013, 05:18 PM
Yes, my wife knows who gets my humidors.

Mr.Maduro
09-14-2013, 05:33 PM
Not yet, but definately will start thinking of a list.