PDA

View Full Version : Checking in

DrDubzz
08-16-2013, 10:13 PM
Hey all, I'm sure there are many new faces here that don't know me. To you I say 'hi, nice to meet you'

to the old friends, I haven't been around much in the past two years really. I've gone through a lot of changes in that time. My wife and I have had our two boys, Robby and Charlie (13 months apart if you're trying to figure the math), I've completed my first Air Force assignment, and now we have moved to Alaska for 3 years for my second assignment.

A combination of little free time and sweltering heat had largely kept me from smoking but 2-3 cigars in that time and maybe a bowl or two in the pipe. Being in Alaska now... sweltering heat is not so much an issue. I've made friends at work as well as a few of my neighbors who smoke cigars and even had one myself while fishing the other day, so hopefully I will be back into piping soon (I still have the majority of my stuff, including my prized CA pipe). I probably won't buy any cigars I don't plan to immediately smoke, but I will try out some of those too (I passed out the last of my cigars at my going away party before we left Texas).

Anyway, just wanted to say hi to everyone and let you know I'll probably be around a little bit more from now on. This place has always been like an online home to me, I really love seeing all the camaraderie, especially around the holidays with secret santa passes and all that, and hope to get back in the swing of things.

Cheers
Tim

.cigardude.
08-16-2013, 10:27 PM
Welcome back and congrats on fatherhood.

CigarNut
08-16-2013, 11:02 PM
Welcome Back!

4WheelVFR
08-16-2013, 11:16 PM
Good to see you in here, Tim. I'm hanging out around here after some time away as well. Feels like home. :)

big_jaygee
08-17-2013, 12:07 AM
Welcome back and thank you for your service

kelmac07
08-17-2013, 04:25 AM
Welcome back Tim.