PDA

View Full Version : Caps on Liga Privada

Blocky Patel
08-05-2013, 08:23 PM
Gents: (and occasional ladies)

I got several Liga Privadas on my last trip to the B&M (every Tues is buy 3 get 2 free of certain brands). I've smoked them a lot in the past, but for some reason this particular rolera made the smallest caps I've ever seen. I have to trim barely a sliver off the end when I cut them, and inevitably the cap comes off while I smoke it. Not even half way through and the cap is all the way off. Is this a problem for anyone else?

pnoon
08-05-2013, 08:37 PM
Gents: (and occasional ladies)

I got several Liga Privadas on my last trip to the B&M (every Tues is buy 3 get 2 free of certain brands). I've smoked them a lot in the past, but for some reason this particular rolera made the smallest caps I've ever seen. I have to trim barely a sliver off the end when I cut them, and inevitably the cap comes off while I smoke it. Not even half way through and the cap is all the way off. Is this a problem for anyone else?

Pictures might help.

When you cut a cigar, you are slicing off the cap so I am not sure what you are describing.

Blocky Patel
08-05-2013, 08:43 PM
Yeah, but my point is the cap is waaaay smaller than on a typical cigar, and it comes off EVERY time.

MUNKY
08-05-2013, 08:44 PM
Pigs or it never happened

pnoon
08-05-2013, 10:52 PM
Yeah, but my point is the cap is waaaay smaller than on a typical cigar, and it comes off EVERY time.

Kevin, I'm sorry if I didn't express myself clearly. When cutting a cigar, you are removing the cap. So I'm not understanding what your question is. Take pictures the next time so we can help you out.

dwoodward
08-05-2013, 11:04 PM
Peter, I think what he is referring to is that there is so little cap he ends up cutting into the wrapper leaf causing the leaf to unravel as he is smoking it.

At least, that's what I took from it. You guys are all right tho, hard to see the problem without pictures.

Sweet_Leaf_PDX
08-05-2013, 11:31 PM
Assuming your problem is as Derrick described above. Try a punch cut next time.

xerais
08-06-2013, 12:40 AM
I've had the cap come off on ligas a lot as well. Been using a punch on them and a v cut in the L40s and rats.

Ubiquitous
08-06-2013, 03:42 AM
:r:r:rOr better yet, just sen them to me, I'll see if I can get them to smoke.

dwoodward
08-06-2013, 06:15 AM
:r:r:rOr better yet, just sen them to me, I'll see if I can get them to smoke.

:tpd: :dr