PDA

View Full Version : Official SEC Football Thread 2013

Powers
08-03-2013, 09:18 AM
Seven consecutive BCS National Champions (Florida 06, LSU 07, Florida 08, Alabama 09, Auburn 10, Alabama 11, Alabama 12)

5 teams in the AP Preseason Top 10 - #1 Alabama, #5 Georgia, #6 Texas A&M, #7 South Carolina, #10 Florida; and 6 in the Top 25

A distinct electricity of excitement and anticipation is as common in the air as mosquitoes around SEC country by the start of preseason camp.

Warmup the cowbells in Starkville, start humming Rammer Jammer & Hotty Toddy, practice calling the Hogs, get your arm loose for the chomp, and feed Mike the Tiger double rations while coeds everywhere try on their new sundresses and cowboy boots - it's time for some good 'ol SEC football, y'all! -(P

:banger

icehog3
08-03-2013, 09:43 AM
:wo

big_jaygee
08-03-2013, 10:19 AM
nothing better the SEC Football :tu

i really want to see what Johnny Football will do this year :banger

G G
08-03-2013, 11:23 AM
:woot

OLS
08-03-2013, 11:37 AM
Checking in with a non-offensive comment so people will still be able to say "He started off SO PROMISING..."
I am ready for some football. I have NO NFL boycott on this year, so I will be watching football on Saturday AND Sunday.

icehog3
08-03-2013, 09:50 PM
Checking in with a non-offensive comment

That's cool, Brad.....Defense wins championships. :)

E.J.
08-05-2013, 11:46 AM
i really want to see what Johnny Football will do this year :banger

Apparently sign memorabilia for cash.....:r

I expect TAMU to fall FAR SHORT of expectations, even if these current issues don't result in a suspension or loss of eligibility. All this turmoil call be good for the program.

jovenhut
08-23-2013, 12:01 PM
Bama is the team to Beat this year. Georgia will be pressing hard to become the New SEC darlings this year!

icehog3
08-23-2013, 04:34 PM
Big game opening weekend, Gerogia and Clemson. Good test for the Dawgs right outta the gate.

big_jaygee
09-14-2013, 02:07 PM
Apparently sign memorabilia for cash.....:r

I expect TAMU to fall FAR SHORT of expectations, even if these current issues don't result in a suspension or loss of eligibility. All this turmoil call be good for the program.

im late i know....but they have looked great the first 2 games...and so far in their third

Bama is the team to Beat this year

looks like the Aggies are doing a good job of it so far(still in the first quarter) we will see what happens over the next three quarters. :tu

big_jaygee
09-14-2013, 05:35 PM
well it turned out to be a good game....i didnt want to see TAMU lose but Bama put up a better game

oooo35980
09-14-2013, 05:40 PM
im late i know....but they have looked great the first 2 games...and so far in their third

looks like the Aggies are doing a good job of it so far(still in the first quarter) we will see what happens over the next three quarters. :tu

Well, they did alright in the 4th quarter too, 2nd and 3rd weren't so hot though. Two interceptions one of which was a pick 6 cost them the game. I got the feeling that sometimes Manziel just airs the ball and hopes his receivers can pick it out of the air? It's a good thing he has some big'ol receivers.

McCarron was ridiculous tonight, we haven't seen that much of his passing except in the clutch when he had to. I am no longer worried about Bama's offense in the slightest.

big_jaygee
09-14-2013, 05:47 PM
yeah McCarron's arm was looking good tonight, if they keep playing like that they should make it to the big game :tu

OLS
09-18-2013, 02:27 PM
I always love it when the Tide makes it to the 'big game'....I like to see the Alabama running backs have
ONE MORE decent rushing day in their careers. What is it with the last couple of top Bama backs in the NFL?
What the hell is it with those guys? It's like a whole string of overpaid Jamarcus Russels. Maybe when Lacy
comes back from getting his head fixed he might redeem some of the curse.

OLS
09-19-2013, 06:18 AM
WOW, and just like that, the Browns trade him. We'll see if he can make a difference in Indy.
I was hoping there would be a two part trade, sending Mark Ingram to Indy too, in exchange for some
helmets or pants.

oooo35980
09-20-2013, 02:50 PM
I always love it when the Tide makes it to the 'big game'....I like to see the Alabama running backs have
ONE MORE decent rushing day in their careers. What is it with the last couple of top Bama backs in the NFL?
What the hell is it with those guys? It's like a whole string of overpaid Jamarcus Russels. Maybe when Lacy
comes back from getting his head fixed he might redeem some of the curse.

I maintain that most of Bama's success comes from the team. Saban has a way of building a team that doesn't rely on a single player. Look at it this way, if Manziel hadn't been on the field on Saturday Bama would probably have won by twenty points. Bama doesn't have a player that is that huge of a difference maker, the overall skill of the team makes competent above average players look like miracle workers is all. So when they get to the NFL no one should be surprised they aren't all they were made out to be.

It's why I think players like Manziel and Mariota will have more success in the NFL than AJ, all other things being equal they really are just better QBs. At least I think so, we don't see a lot from AJ unless Saban realizes relying on the run isn't going to cut it, which isn't often.

That's just my opinion though.

G G
09-28-2013, 05:15 PM
This thread aint been too lively yet. Can the Bulldogs hang on to win?

G G
09-28-2013, 05:38 PM
It appears they can. Woohoo.

icehog3
09-28-2013, 05:50 PM
Wooh.....wait, what?

Never mind. :r ;s

jovenhut
09-28-2013, 06:00 PM
Great Victory by Georgia

oooo35980
09-28-2013, 08:31 PM
Heck of a game from GA today!

Bama's defense is really showing up too! That makes me happier than anything else that happened today.

Arkansas did far better vs TAM than I would have guessed. I look forward to seeing Ole Miss play TAM next week, they have a defense that might slow Manziel at least a little bit, and an offense that might be able to keep up with him against TAM's lousy defense. Should be a good game.

oooo35980
10-05-2013, 06:45 PM
Can anyone tell that LSU and GA beat up on each other last week? GA was within 5 seconds of losing to TN. Then had to get incredibly insanely lucky, when Howard dropped the ball in the endzone, to pull it out in OT with a field goal. Now LSU is trailing to Miss St.

Man I love the SEC.

G G
10-05-2013, 07:31 PM
:woot

hammondc
10-05-2013, 08:09 PM
It is very hard to be a fan of the South Carolina Gamecocks.

oooo35980
10-05-2013, 09:09 PM
I feel for you, not many remember the 10 years before Nick Saban when Alabama was getting run over by everyone, USC at least usually wins games that they are supposed to win.

It isn't like you lost to the worst team in the SEC, just almost did.

hammondc
10-07-2013, 08:07 AM
No kidding. I still love my boys and will be rocking my Gamecocks golf shirt flying into ATL today. I've been a fan for 35 years. It is just frustrating right now.

oooo35980
10-12-2013, 09:00 PM
Upset week! GA vs Mizz was a fun game! I feel bad for Aaron Murray, being down 5 starters and having to carry the team can't be fun, especially when you lose. Stanford fell, Michigan fell, Ole Miss is giving TAM a run for their money so far.

BCS rankings are going to interesting when they come out.

OLS
10-14-2013, 01:46 PM
It is very hard to be a fan of the South Carolina Gamecocks.

Lolol....I am glad I popped in today.

What is funny to me is, it looks like the traditional people who post here must have thought
it was not worth trying, what with ME around all the time. So I give them a year off, and
they don't even post in here? Didn't they even CHECK and see I had abandoned it?

longknocker
10-14-2013, 02:18 PM
Lolol....I am glad I popped in today.

What is funny to me is, it looks like the traditional people who post here must have thought
it was not worth trying, what with ME around all the time. So I give them a year off, and
they don't even post in here? Didn't they even CHECK and see I had abandoned it?

Checking In, Brad!:D Roll, Tide!:tu

Sauer Grapes
10-19-2013, 02:54 PM
Checking in... M-I-Z! Lots of big upsets today. If Mizzou can beat SC next week, there's a better than decent chance we'll get the honor of being Bama's whipping boy in Atlanta in December. (of course there are several weeks left to screw that up).

qwerty1500
10-21-2013, 07:33 AM
Checking in... M-I-Z! Lots of big upsets today. If Mizzou can beat SC next week, there's a better than decent chance we'll get the honor of being Bama's whipping boy in Atlanta in December. (of course there are several weeks left to screw that up).

#5 in the BCS seems optimistic with a freshman at QB. Nevertheless, at least, we haven't totally embarrassed ourselves like last year ... yet.

E.J.
10-21-2013, 09:40 AM
Crickets in this place.... Last year at this time(10/20/12), 10 pages 187 posts. So here is something to talk about....

http://saturdays-in-the-fall.com/index.php/2013/10/15/mizzou-tamu-disproving-lazy-media-narrative-sec/

Sauer Grapes
10-21-2013, 02:44 PM
#5 in the BCS seems optimistic with a freshman at QB. Nevertheless, at least, we haven't totally embarrassed ourselves like last year ... yet.

I think we are beyond the point where we can embarrass ourselves this season. Expectations were so low after last season, we are playing with house money at this point.

That being said, I like this team. There is something different about them than previous Mizzou teams that have broken our hearts. Do we deserve #5? I think we will find out the next few weeks.

OLS
10-21-2013, 02:52 PM
I am not avoiding it over past blowups with people that support that team over by Mississippi, just mostly
done widely participating after a few issues with management. Certainly not dodging barbs over LSU's embarrassing
loss to a motivated and disciplined Ole Miss squad. I tuned out after the third interception thrown by Mettenberger.
You can put up a valiant effort, but decades of football watching has taught me never to expect a win when you turn the ball
over 3 or more times. I needed the sleep to go out and shoot at 4am. Congratulations to the no Ole Miss fans we have here.

G G
11-03-2013, 12:43 PM
Well the Bulldogs have certainly stunk it up this year, but held on for the win against the gators.:tu

OLS
11-10-2013, 12:41 PM
congrats to the Alabama faithful here, I didn't see a LOT of the game, first quarter and a lot of the 4th,
but LSU was just not very good. I was encouraged to see Macarron was just as inaccurate on touch
passes and long balls, I thought that was going to be the key from there on out, but once I left the
house to go shoot at a gig downtown, Bama just rolled over the Tigers. They sure LOOKED like the
number one team in the country. Don't get me wrong about AJ, his misses downfield LOOK great,
but they can't be CAUGHT most of the time.

oooo35980
11-11-2013, 07:10 PM
McCarron overthrows the long ball to a wide open receiver after a play action several times a game it seems like. Perfect play setup, and he overthrows the ball, I think he's just worried about throwing an INT. I wish he was more accurate way down field, but other than that he picks apart defenses rather well. We are going to miss him next year.

OLS
11-16-2013, 09:59 AM
yeah on balance he is a good QB. I understand fully why he is not a Heisman candidate, though, although the
majority of UA fans do not. It is important to note, as you have, that you can still WIN after missing 3-4 easy
throws a game, at least when you QB the Crimson Tide. Sorry this thread is so dead, I hope it wasn't me that
killed it slowly over 5 years.

oooo35980
11-23-2013, 03:26 PM
Florida just lost to an FCS team... I don't think Muschamp's seat can get much hotter.

E.J.
11-30-2013, 05:25 PM
Awesome!!!!

Maybe the best ending to a college football game I have ever seen.... Auburn vs Alabama... WOW!

Chainsaw13
11-30-2013, 05:35 PM
Awesome!!!!

Maybe the best ending to a college football game I have ever seen.... Auburn vs Alabama... WOW!

Yea, me too. Incredible.

longknocker
11-30-2013, 05:38 PM
Awesome!!!!

Not IMO.;) Congrats To Auburn. They Outplayed Us, Tonite!:tu

qwerty1500
12-01-2013, 07:36 AM
Awesome!!!!

And, I thought it was over when Alabama went 99 yards for a TD. Guess I was wrong ...

A year ago, I would never have imagined that Mizzou would play Auburn for the SEC Championship ...

OLS
01-06-2014, 03:43 PM
Hello all you Alabama/Auburn people.

longknocker
01-06-2014, 03:53 PM
Hello all you Alabama/Auburn people.

Hey, Brad. Guess I'll Have To Pull For Auburn, Tonite. Can't Stand FSU.;)

ripper
01-06-2014, 05:55 PM
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq302/bartripp/6fe8f6f34d75910894724bb85061a607.jpg

My oldest daughter Theresa on the Rose Bowl field before BCS game tonight.
She lives in Seattle and has worked on U of Washington stats crew since 1999. The UW crew has the contract to do stats for all postseason games at Rose Bowl.
Theresa will be typing play-by-play in press box. This is her 7th Rose Bowl and 2nd BCS game.
And she smokes an occasional MOW Puro Authentico.

GTsetGO
01-06-2014, 05:58 PM
that's cool Bart.

I am rooting for Fl State tonight. Have to stick with my ACC teams.

kelmac07
01-06-2014, 05:59 PM
Very cool Bart!! :tu :tu

yourchoice
01-06-2014, 06:23 PM
That is awesome, Bart!

longknocker
01-06-2014, 06:23 PM
Awesome, Bart!:D:tu

jhedrick83
01-07-2014, 08:29 AM
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq302/bartripp/6fe8f6f34d75910894724bb85061a607.jpg

My oldest daughter Theresa on the Rose Bowl field before BCS game tonight.
She lives in Seattle and has worked on U of Washington stats crew since 1999. The UW crew has the contract to do stats for all postseason games at Rose Bowl.
Theresa will be typing play-by-play in press box. This is her 7th Rose Bowl and 2nd BCS game.
And she smokes an occasional MOW Puro Authentico.

That is awesome!

icehog3
01-08-2014, 01:03 AM
The rich get richer......

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa73/icehog3/FSUschedule_zps32cd4f94.png (http://s196.photobucket.com/user/icehog3/media/FSUschedule_zps32cd4f94.png.html)

hammondc
08-04-2014, 03:46 PM
MAN!!!!!!! Almost time to boot this thing up for 2014.

OLS
10-13-2014, 10:27 AM
But it didn't get done, did it?

I came in to apologize for not being a part of it again this year, not because LSU sucks
this season, I am not ducking anyone. Football is just football.
But I've had a few experiences over the past 18 months that have changed the way
I look at things here, and I just don't post much anymore. In this thread that would
be a bonus, I guess. Sorry, lol. What really sucks is Ole Miss and Miss St. finally get
something going, and the thread dies, hahahaha. Perfect.