07-27-2013, 12:53 PM
$4.60 - $8.
Med-Full
Wrapper: Oscuro
Origin: Honduras
5.0" x 54
Loved and recommended by members here :tu
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/picture.php?albumid=986&pictureid=8005

Prelight: Emmm, sweet dry fruityness, leather with a splash of flower nectar on it. :dr

1st 1/3
Light pepper with a little sugar powder in it, creamy spice, touch of wildflowers that carry's a bitter note to it.

Burn is wonky, slightly tight draw

Has sweet cocoa with a touch of caramel and nuttyness and a fresh finish, man I'm loving this stick so far and I'm only in the first 1/3

2nd 1/3
Getting some mint also as I go into the 2nd 1/3, burn self corrected
This cigar is made by the same makers of Punch and Hoyo De Monterrey but I've stayed away from Punch for years now.

Cigar is burning nice and cool, draw opened up and seems more of a medium body to me.

Final 1/3
Light creamy coffee with toasted nuts & a touch of floral & sugary sweetness continue.

The strength increases somewhat now adding charcoal to the mix, but still enjoyable.

All the flavors begin to fade more in the background and drift in and out, the spice notes dominate in the last few inches but not pepper.
Great stick with lots of flavor for cheap, highly recommended :tu

Smoke time: 1 hr 30 min
Score 8.8 out of 10

The Poet
07-27-2013, 01:26 PM
Yeah, these are good smokes, and my :2 very underrated on this board by some.

Thanks for the review.

kelmac07
07-27-2013, 02:07 PM
Very underrated and damn good stick. :dr :dr

Outlaw God
07-27-2013, 02:17 PM
Very underrated and damn good stick. :dr :dr

Thanks Mac for the heads-up on this fine stick in the past :tu

GodOfFire
09-30-2013, 10:30 AM
don't think I have had this particular one. But I love ERDM!

Frank-D-Tank
09-30-2013, 02:54 PM
I tried one a while back, really liked it. I kinda forgot about it, thanks for the review/reminder, I will have to pick up a few.

Habana Mike
09-30-2013, 09:59 PM
These are consistently a great cigar for the price. I've enjoyed them for over 15 years now. Love the chocolate.

CoventryCat86
10-01-2013, 07:27 PM
I used to smoke these a long time ago and always enjoyed them. I like the fairly firm draw of these. I don't taste all the things you do (my palate isn't too discerning these days, LOL!) however I do remember the peppery start. These are medium to full if I remember correctly.

Thanks for posting the review, I think I'll track one down, just for old times sake.

RevSmoke
12-16-2013, 02:35 PM
I suppose I could start another review thread, but why, this one is already here, so just adding to it.

I smoked my first one of these back in the 1980s, and they were a fantastic stick then as they displayed a creamy sweetness, with hints of cocoa, nuts, coffee, and caramel.

What I always liked about them was their consistency from stick to stick. Always smoked well, burned well, and the flavors were something you could depend on. It is amazing how that is still true. I smoked one the other day and was amazed that I was instantly transported back in time. It is amazing what things can trigger memories, and in this case, it was this sideslip smoke of this cigar taking me back...

You know, there are all kinds of great cigars out there. There is also a bunch of crap. A lot of new stuff is great ROTT, but then they seem to lose something if you give them a year or more. It is nice to visit with an old friend and discover that some things never change.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

stitch
12-20-2013, 03:49 PM
These are consistently a great cigar for the price. I've enjoyed them for over 15 years now. Love the chocolate.
You Betcha ! ... what Mike said, these have always been excellent and the price point has remained affordable ... A good old standard -(P

longknocker
12-20-2013, 04:28 PM
Just Ordered Some After All These Great Reviews! Thanks!:):tu

The Poet
12-21-2013, 09:08 AM
Just Ordered Some After All These Great Reviews! Thanks!:):tu

I don't think you'll be disappointed, brother. BTW, put their Rectangulars on your wish list too. :tu

GodOfFire
12-21-2013, 09:34 AM
This was on of my first box purchases on the darkside and love them.