PDA

View Full Version : I love to say I told you so...

OLS
07-15-2013, 06:53 AM
:tf

About three or more years ago, there was a famous bust up north, where literally
tons of cigars were shown as trophies by an agency of your gubmint.
The found the Rosetta stone of importation, they finally knew what all the
boxes had in common, they could, with no doubt of success, pull a box off
the line that looked like the Rosetta stone box and be nearly 100% confident
that inside would be cigars that you were not allowed to import. And then
people began noticing that sometimes, boxes would go off the radar for MONTHS,
then mysteriously show up at their doors untouched. I told anyone who would listen
that I believed that your boxes were being scrutinized, your names were being recorded,
and that big brother NOW knew what you were up to without having to open up the box.
What held up the boxes for so long?? X-rays perhaps, psychics....?
It might be up to YOU later to prove that the contents were NOT illegal...maybe...one day...

Welcome to the future. http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/04/us/monitoring-of-snail-mail.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

http://reason.com/blog/2013/07/03/us-post-office-taking-pictures-of-all-ou

Your Welcome, and.........I told you so.

07-15-2013, 07:05 AM
Interesting

pektel
07-15-2013, 08:43 AM
Nice to see "innocent until proven guilty" is alive and well. Though when has it ever been? Welcome to the USSA.

14holestogie
07-15-2013, 09:03 AM
Burn the evidence! -(P

Remo
07-15-2013, 09:09 AM
Burn the evidence! -(P

+1 :r

jjirons69
07-15-2013, 02:48 PM
If they're wasting their time on us "low rent thugs", that's a crime in itself. I have more to worry about when they question why I haven't paid taxes on all my Amazon orders over the years.

shark
07-15-2013, 03:09 PM
Wait...Someone's knocking on the door.... :jd

shilala
07-15-2013, 06:01 PM
The guy they're dicking with:
"More than a decade ago, he was a spokesman for the Earth Liberation Front, a radical environmental group labeled eco-terrorists by the Federal Bureau of Investigation."
Me:
"Fat, slow-witted, retired guy who orders some cigars occasionally when he gets off the couch."

It's very clear as to why they'd photograph this guy's mail on the sly.
If they're photographing my mail, the poor bastard that is assigned to sifting through it will be so bored he'll wish he would have finished high school.

It's not conspiracy theory anymore that big brother can, will, and does track all manner of information on all of us, it's common knowledge. Everything we do leaves a trail. In the old days nobody was looking because nobody cared, or there was no way to do it easily.
Now there are cellphones and computers. The trade-off for the luxury is the lack of privacy. When I consider that, I go right back to "if anyone cares what I'm doing, they really should look into getting a hobby, cause it's not gonna pay off."

Now excuse me while I go put the finishing touches on the meth lab that me and Bubs are building in the abandoned walmart. ;)

icehog3
07-15-2013, 06:09 PM
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa73/icehog3/sky_zpsd673c7d6.png (http://s196.photobucket.com/user/icehog3/media/sky_zpsd673c7d6.png.html)

BHalbrooks
07-15-2013, 06:51 PM
If they're photographing my mail, the poor bastard that is assigned to sifting through it will be so bored he'll wish he would have finished high school.

I lol'd for real :r

If they really want to take pictures of whatever I send, I feel bad someone has to do that job. Same goes for whichever NSA agent has to read my Emails and Texts. I feel worse for him than myself.

Fordman4ever
07-15-2013, 08:12 PM
Burn the evidence! -(P

This made me laugh, probably more than it should have. LOL

cjhalbrooks
07-16-2013, 03:24 AM
I loved the comments on the topic more than the article. If the public can see it then it is public domain, nothing intrusive here. If you don't like it use Fed-X (by the way this means Federal Embedded Detectives-Xtra ssshhhhh)

Subvet642
07-16-2013, 04:34 AM
The guy they're dicking with:
"More than a decade ago, he was a spokesman for the Earth Liberation Front, a radical environmental group labeled eco-terrorists by the Federal Bureau of Investigation."
Me:
"Fat, slow-witted, retired guy who orders some cigars occasionally when he gets off the couch."

It's very clear as to why they'd photograph this guy's mail on the sly.

It's not conspiracy theory anymore that big brother can, will, and does track all manner of information on all of us, it's common knowledge. Everything we do leaves a trail. In the old days nobody was looking because nobody cared, or there was no way to do it easily.
Now there are cellphones and computers. The trade-off for the luxury is the lack of privacy. When I consider that, I go right back to "if anyone cares what I'm doing, they really should look into getting a hobby, cause it's not gonna pay off."

Now excuse me while I go put the finishing touches on the meth lab that me and Bubs are building in the abandoned walmart. ;)

The ELF are some nasty folks who have no compunction about killing people and destroying property to advance their agenda. These are some of the threats we look for at work. I'm sot surprised the Feds are watching him, either.