PDA

View Full Version : Genesis The Project by Ramon Bueso Robusto Review

Outlaw God
07-02-2013, 08:19 PM
$3. - $5.20
Robusto Extra 5.5 x 50
Wrapper: Connecticut Broadleaf Maduro

Prelight: Hay, cherries, bread dough, solidly built cigar with some weight to it.

1st 1/3
Creamy coffee flavor, light spice, leather, roasted nuts, earth, nutmeg, light black licorice, medium body.
Draw a little tight, nice start though.

2nd 1/3
Perfect straight burn line, creamy sweet now, followed by the coffee flavor, light spice, leather, roasted nuts, earth, nutmeg, light black licorice and sweet, the flavors work together completely for this cigar very well.

Draw has opened up now.....
This is turning out to be a surprising stick and even right off the UPS truck, time in the humidor is going to be a treat. :dr

Final 1/3
Love the light black licorice and sweetness here, all of the above notes still with the symphony in 7 part harmony, getting a Vitamin N buzz now.

The addition of the Connecticut Broadleaf Maduro wrapper is key here I think, my favorite wrapper for sure.

Smoke time: 1hr 20 min
Score: 9.5 out of 10 :tu (not a 10 because I wanted it to go on) ;)

Headed next for a Genesis The Project by Ramon Bueso Intro Sampler - 8 Cigars to see what I'm missing.

Zane
07-02-2013, 08:28 PM
$3. - $5.20
Robusto Extra 5.5 x 50
Wrapper: Connecticut Broadleaf Maduro

Prelight: Hay, cherries, bread dough, solidly built cigar with some weight to it.

1st 1/3
Creamy coffee flavor, light spice, leather, roasted nuts, earth, nutmeg, light black licorice, medium body.
Draw a little tight, nice start though.

2nd 1/3
Perfect straight burn line, creamy sweet now, followed by the coffee flavor, light spice, leather, roasted nuts, earth, nutmeg, light black licorice and sweet, the flavors work together completely for this cigar very well.

Draw has opened up now.....
This is turning out to be a surprising stick and even right off the UPS truck, time in the humidor is going to be a treat. :dr

Final 1/3
Love the light black licorice and sweetness here, all of the above notes still with the symphony in 7 part harmony, getting a Vitamin N buzz now.

The addition of the Connecticut Broadleaf Maduro wrapper is key here I think, my favorite wrapper for sure.

Smoke time: 1hr 20 min
Score: 9.5 out of 10 :tu (not a 10 because I wanted it to go on) ;)

Headed next for a Genesis The Project by Ramon Bueso Intro Sampler - 8 Cigars to see what I'm missing.

Give em 6 month rest and they are even better.

Outlaw God
07-02-2013, 08:36 PM
Will do if I can resist

BHalbrooks
07-02-2013, 08:44 PM
Your pallet is mind blowing.
I really like reading your reviews, Daniel

Porch Dweller
07-02-2013, 08:54 PM

+1. I bought two boxes of the robustos back in January or so and they just keep getting better. They are good ROTT, too.

roro16
07-02-2013, 09:00 PM
Daniel..very nice review on a very nice stick. I enjoy reading your reviews..cant wait to tackle my own reviews someday.

Have you ever thought about just having 1 thread..called like outlaw reviews or something and just add the next review on the same thread. Not that I dont enjoy reading them one by one..but sooner or later your reviews will drop off the first page and maybe somebody will miss a great review on a stick that have interest in...just my thoughts and hope this doesnt offend you.

Zane
07-02-2013, 09:04 PM
+1. I bought two boxes of the robustos back in January or so and they just keep getting better. They are good ROTT, too.

I grabbed a box of the Robustos then as well.

big_jaygee
07-02-2013, 09:09 PM

+1

thats the truth

Will do if I can resist

thats why i buy two boxes at a time. :tu

great cigar at a great price and i always try to keep a full box on hand at all times.

Outlaw God
07-03-2013, 07:30 AM
Daniel..very nice review on a very nice stick. I enjoy reading your reviews..cant wait to tackle my own reviews someday.

Have you ever thought about just having 1 thread..called like outlaw reviews or something and just add the next review on the same thread. Not that I dont enjoy reading them one by one..but sooner or later your reviews will drop off the first page and maybe somebody will miss a great review on a stick that have interest in...just my thoughts and hope this doesnt offend you.

Interesting suggestion, that would be sad if they where to disappear, I think at least I will be able to keep track of them using "My Topics"

I use the reviews as my cigar journal, instead of buying a cigar journal book, works great that way here.
Thanks

pnoon
07-03-2013, 07:39 AM
Interesting suggestion, that would be sad if they where to disappear, I think at least I will be able to keep track of them using "My Topics"

I use the reviews as my cigar journal, instead of buying a cigar journal book, works great that way here.
Thanks

Threads don't disappear.
If one chooses to sort by last post, then they won't appear first.

If you are using CA as your cigar journal, I strongly suggest a local backup. While we have no plans of going anywhere, who knows what the future will bring.

FUEL
07-03-2013, 08:09 AM
I freaking love em just wish I could see them local. Not sure why a B&M would not carry unless they are web only.

big_jaygee
07-03-2013, 08:12 AM
i have only found them at CI and Cigars.com

CamoFlogged
07-18-2013, 08:19 AM
i have only found them at CI and Cigars.com

And I also found them yummy and keep them in stock at all times :D

Seems some sticks need a little rest before torching, but good stuff.

Outlaw God
07-18-2013, 10:03 AM
And I also found them yummy and keep them in stock at all times :D

Seems some sticks need a little rest before torching, but good stuff.

Me too, got a bunch of them this week :D

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/picture.php?albumid=986&pictureid=7978

Simple1
07-18-2013, 10:21 AM
I just found them at a B&M on our local reservation. Can't wait to give it a try.

5newmans
07-30-2013, 11:12 AM
Great review!

MUNKY
07-30-2013, 02:11 PM
Grabbed a box of these! They are delish!

Outlaw God
07-30-2013, 10:55 PM
Grabbed a box of these! They are delish!

Strangely the 60 is the best of the sizes to me, followed by the torpedo
Got a box of the 60's on the way :tu