PDA

View Full Version : CroMagnon Cigars

Jon11
07-02-2013, 11:00 AM
How are these cigars? And are they all different blends....Anthropology, Cranium, EMH, ect. I love Viajes, how do they compare?

Remo
07-02-2013, 11:02 AM
My experience was with the Knuckledraggers, decent smokes but. Little too sweet for me.

kelmac07
07-02-2013, 11:04 AM
I love the hell out of these!!! RoMa Craft comes in two main blends...Crommagnon and Aquitaine. I prefer the Cromagnon blend myself, but the Aquitaine is very good as well. Anthropology, Cranium, EMH, Knuckledragger, Atlatl, Mandible are the sizes in their line. I am also a Viaje fan, and Viaje has many more lines (Skull N Bones, Holiday Blend, Satori, HHG, Summerblends, Oro, Platino, Exclusivo) than RoMa Craft. I compare the Cromagnon line to the Exclusivo line. Bottom line...they are tasty as hell. I've been burning through a lot of these the past two months. When you see them...GRAB THEM...they can be difficult to find. :2

My favorite in the entire line is the Cromagnon Anthropology (corona gorda) :dr :dr :dr But I haven't had the Atlatl yet (have two 5ers enroute).

Here's the major difference...

Aquitaine: The cigar features a beautiful thick, oily Ecuadorian Habano Ligero wrapper. Inside this beautiful wrapper are three much sought after different Nicaraguan long-fillers bound by a unique Cameroon binder.

Cromagnon: The cigar features a beautiful dark, oily Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper. Inside this beautiful wrapper are three much sought after different Nicaraguan long-fillers bound by a unique Cameroon binder

Jon11
07-02-2013, 11:15 AM
Thanks Mac, you are about the most helpful cigar mother f***** I've ever run across. I know I don't post much but always value your opinions, bc they've been right on for the most part. Thanks brother!

kelmac07
07-02-2013, 11:17 AM
Anytime Jon. :D

dave
07-02-2013, 11:26 AM
Everything Mac said......but....all but one of those two lines that I've tried have all been rolled tight enough, I thought I was smoking dowels

bstarrs
07-02-2013, 11:56 AM
I've still got to try some of these, they look really nice and I have noticed Mac going off about them all the time.

Dunkel
07-02-2013, 12:17 PM
I smoked a Mandible awhile back. It was one of the ones before they got labels. While it wasn't a bad cigar it didn't do much for me. I'd smoke another one if offered, but I would never buy one.

Porch Dweller
07-02-2013, 12:19 PM
I've only had the Anthropology, both wrappers. The Acquitane is good but I prefer the Cromagnon.

kelmac07
07-02-2013, 12:23 PM
I've never had a RoMa Craft stick with a band.

Zane
07-02-2013, 12:55 PM
I had the CroMagnon for the first time this weekend with Mickey. Amazing smoke.

07-02-2013, 01:09 PM

They are putting them on some of the new ones. seen em all over instagram

CigarNut
07-02-2013, 01:19 PM
I have had the CroMagnon (thanks to a box split done by Mac!) and found it to be a very good cigar. The ones that I had were very well constructed, produced a nice amount of smoke and were very flavorful.

:tu :tu

DaBear
07-02-2013, 01:43 PM

The newer releases of the Intemperances have bands, the ones I received from the NC MAW from Jaso had bands, but the boxes of em I saw at the shop by my dad's place had no bands.

And to me the Intemperance BA Envy has been the best of the bunch I tried so far. Literally made it 3 puffs in before I went to the shops email to dig up the contact info to get these in the shop.

Jefft72
07-02-2013, 01:46 PM
Worth a look if you are interested in the RomaCraft line is the Intemperance liga as well. It comes in EC (Ecuador Connecticut) and BA (Brazil Arapiraca). I have tried both the EC and BA and prefer the BA. The Envy (short perfecto) is my choice vitola.

kelmac07
07-02-2013, 04:15 PM
Completely forgot about the Intemperance...thanks Bear/Jeff. These are also tasty.

poriggity
07-02-2013, 05:01 PM
Cromagnon knuckle dragger is the only one I've smoked, and I LOVED it. I need to get more, but funds are not available.
Scott

Porch Dweller
07-02-2013, 05:22 PM
Cromagnon knuckle dragger is the only one I've smoked, and I LOVED it. I need to get more, but funds are not available.
Scott

I feel you, man. I hate when my taste in cigars (and whiskey) is overshadowed by the reality of my budget. :D

Ncpsycho
07-02-2013, 05:41 PM
I feel you, man. I hate when my taste in cigars (and whiskey) is overshadowed by the reality of my budget. :D

HAha agreed--- Id be into a split to try these if anyone did one

maninblack
07-02-2013, 05:52 PM
One of my favorite cigar companies. Skip Martin and company are doing great things at Romacraft cigars.

MUNKY
07-02-2013, 10:38 PM
Great smokes

ky70
07-03-2013, 05:47 AM
I love the flavor on the Cromagnon and Aquitaine! But I have experienced draw issues with apprx 30% of the 20 or so Ive had.